Missing protocol, bad connection? Need Advice Pl

More
30 Aug 2016 02:19 #53253 by Humanntrst
The model in question is the new (orange) version of the Ni Hui U207. I read a bunch before asking and please excuse if this question is a redundant one. Trying to expand my collection of models that can be flown by deviation since I have successfully modded my Devo 7e controller with the NRF24L01 chip purchased from Banggood and added Deviation 5.0.0 firmware "all thanks to the hard work and dedication of the members of this forum, thank you". With that out of the way, I purchased this quadcopter and haven't had any luck on binding the quad to the controller. After much reading tonight I feel my questions validated since no answers were reveled in scouring of the interwebs. My attempts at the binding procedure is as so: 1). Power on the quad 2). Power on Devo and select Yd717 protocol 3). Re initialize and at this point I am seeing a never ending screen telling me to hit the ENT button to stop the process. I did let this deplete one whole battery as I wanted to be sure before I ask.

I have also binded to several models before this purchase i.e. Juncheng 3015-2, JJRC H-22, Bayang X9, JJRC 1000a, Mjx X101 Syma x11 just for reference incase there is a doubt that I may not have gotten the module installed correctly but also the extent of my electronic backgrown is only normally open or closed circuits and parallel or series circuits, :cheer: lol . I also decided to look around since I know my tx is not working properly at different protocols and found this in my version 5.0.0

A asterisk mark indicates a normal load and audible beep when transmission sent
Bayang *
Bluefly *
Cffile does absolutely nothing
CG023 *
CX10 *
DEVO *
Esky *
Fy326 Press enter to stop screen
H377 *
H83D *
Hisky *
Hm830 Press enter to stop screen
Hontai *
J6Pro Press enter to stop screen
KN *
MJXq *
Mt99XX File is completely missing
SLT Screen never changes but you do get a audible beep
SymaX *
V202 *
WK2401 *
WK2601 *
Wk2801 *
YD717 Press Ent to stop screen

I hope this helps anyone that may be having these same kind of issues with one or more protocols and paints a vivid picture for anyone that can help me to solve my small dilemma. Thank you in advance for anyone willing to help me out. I was really looking forward to the Devo touching this quad as everything it touches it seems to make fly better and in the future I will check the protocols connectivity before I purchase as I am thoroughly enjoying using one controller for everything, This thing is awesome!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Aug 2016 03:22 - 30 Aug 2016 03:24 #53254 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Missing protocol, bad connection? Need Advice Pl
Did you set the sub-option of the protocol to "Ni Hui"? Just checking the (not quite) obvious, as you didn't mention it.

Looks like SeByDocKy is the u207 expert, he might know of other issues; may have more luck on the rcgroups thread? (though not much action lately)
Ni hui u207 "intruder"
Last edit: 30 Aug 2016 03:24 by RoGuE_StreaK.

More
30 Aug 2016 03:49 #53255 by Humanntrst
Replied by Humanntrst on topic Missing protocol, bad connection? Need Advice Pl
Yes in my haste to try to include everything, I forgot to mention that I did switch to Ni Hui in sub protocol list under YD717. Thanks...

More
30 Aug 2016 04:35 #53256 by mwm
The nrf24l01 has a featured called "auto acknowledge" that some protocols use, and some don't. A bad hardware install will work properly on those that don't use it, but not on those that do. The bad install would be not properly connecting or powering the LNA in some way, resulting in poor reception of the acknowledgement packets from the Rx, leading to poor range, lag, and possibly failure to bind (though I haven't seen that last one). And yes, I found this out the hard way - by having an aircraft that had problems even though everything else worked fine.

Most nrf24l01 protocols don't use that feature, but the YD717 protocol makes heavy use of it. The cflie protocol (which you listed as a problem) also uses it. A quick check (i.e. - check the protocol named after the manufacturer for most of them, check the model on the few where that didn't work) indicates that none of the ones you listed use this feature. So you could have a bad hardware install and still fly all of those. If you want to list which protocols you're using that use the NRF24L01, I'll check the sources to see if any of them use the auto ack feature.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
30 Aug 2016 23:39 #53309 by Humanntrst
Thanks for your speedy response and cutting to the quick not what I wanted to hear but during the slower winter months I will get another module and give it another try but as for now having alot of fun with the models that do bind. Man those little gimbals are so sweet and precise... Btw the database on the models works exactly as it says for me no deviation (pun intended)...

More
31 Aug 2016 03:57 - 31 Aug 2016 04:02 #53318 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic Missing protocol, bad connection? Need Advice Pl
the newest versions of this quad are totally different in components and layout etc so I wouldn't be surprised if the protocol has changed also, here's a pic of the pcb from one of a couple I picked up in a recent hk sale

compared to seby's pics of the original

when I have a spare minute I'll try and bind my 7e's with one of these and if it doesn't work I'll do some captures and post them up for one of the protocol guru's to look at
Last edit: 31 Aug 2016 04:02 by HappyHarry.

More
31 Aug 2016 10:46 #53322 by HappyHarry
ok the ones i have bind when using CX10, with protocol option 'green'. give that a try bud

More
31 Aug 2016 11:45 #53325 by Humanntrst
Okay mine is a different version as well... But your success is at least inspiring me to want to try again.

I will hook a losi connector to my power supply tonight and try a bunch of protocols and hope I hit the lottery too.

More
01 Sep 2016 12:10 #53374 by Humanntrst
Unfortunately another version of this quad that doesn't bind with any protocols on my tx :(

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Something else strange about this quad is how it binds to the original controller. I almost sent it back as defective because everything I tried to do to bind the OEM controller didn't work either finally I tossed the tx on the table and it slid just besides the quad and I heard a audible (beep) so I guess the remote with this particular version has to be within 1 inch in order to bind. anyone have experience with something like this before?

More
01 Sep 2016 12:26 #53376 by HappyHarry
wow how many versions of this thing are there!

More
29 Sep 2016 16:46 #54400 by Humanntrst
Temptation or my addiction just wouldn't allow me to leave well enough alone so I purchased a New YD-928 which uses the protocol in question that you mentioned and I easily connected to it with my Devo 7e so now I am feeling very confident about my hardware install. I will be ordering a analyzer soon an hope to get a little further instruction from you and others that are clearly more knowledgeable than me. So thank you in advance...

Off the the unknown... :unsure:

More
29 Sep 2016 20:54 #54410 by HappyHarry
glad to hear you at least have one of these working, when you have your logic analyzer seby has a great video that shows how to capture the protocol data here >>

but if you need any more info or help just post back here :)

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds