Reversing the Tail Rotor Gyro

More
03 Sep 2016 22:47 #53454 by jbewley
Reversing the Tail Rotor Gyro was created by jbewley
If the heli has a clockwise rotation of the main blades, could you reverse it to a counterclockwise rotation and get the tail rotor to speed up and slow down in the opposite direction???

I see that with Deviation, I can reverse many things, but would it reverse the direction the tail rotor pushed

I know this program will do many things that i have not figured out yet, so I thought i would ask.

Thanks,

Jim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Sep 2016 07:02 #53460 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Reversing the Tail Rotor Gyro
That's a function of the ESC, not the Tx. So the first question to ask is
"Can my ESC reverse the direction of the motor?"The latest generation of cheap quads all reverse the motor direction to fly inverted, and deviation can certainly handle those.

Are you trying to build an FP heli that mimics the latest quad thing of reversing prop direction to invert the heli?

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
05 Sep 2016 08:38 #53490 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Reversing the Tail Rotor Gyro
Hello Jim,

you can reverse the rudder channel itself, so if left/right stick is movement tail pitch slider left or right.
But that is only about steering control.

For e.g "gyro direction compensation" you directly control that behavior either on the gyro (switch, flybar) or within the FBL.

For belt driven you control that how you mount the belt on the tail belt pulley - either switched 45 degree left or right. So it spins either clockwise or counter-clockwise.

"Speed up and slow down": So you are talking about motor driven tails??
Either the FBL or the dual ESC controls itself in what directions to push or how to compensate.
For most proprietary tail motor helis this seems to be somehow fixed / not-configurable??

For other TT helis like Walkera V120D02s there have been threads posted how to mount the tail blades from right to left.

Thomas

Time to create page: 0.027 seconds