Devo 10 range test - OrangeRx 610

More
07 Sep 2016 18:29 #53589 by bazsound
Devo 10 range test - OrangeRx 610 was created by bazsound
Ive been using the orange rx 610 on my copterx 250 for the last month but just recently did a range test (shocker yes but ive mostly been hovering this as its not right for proper flying and havnt went further than 20 meters at full power)

I know the orange 610 reciever (without satalite port and has 2 short arials) are generaly for park flyers and not considered full range.

Well with the range test enabled, i loose complete connection at 20 paces, which is probably 18 meters. Does that seem about right?

This kind of has me worried, since the heli tail is pointed at me and i have the reciever mounted on the tail servo, so have line of sight.

Its hard to see exactly whats going on with the helicopter so the best most visual test i could do was blip the throttle and see when it went into failsafe but i bet i was getting brief connection errors before it went into failsafe.

since i run a kbar, im thinking it may be best to get a spectrum satalite.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Sep 2016 02:52 - 08 Sep 2016 02:53 #53620 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Devo 10 range test - OrangeRx 610

bazsound wrote: Well with the range test enabled, i loose complete connection at 20 paces, which is probably 18 meters. Does that seem about right?

I'm not sure what power the range test sets the output to, but if it's 100uW (which used to be the recommended for testing) then according to some tests by Cereal_Killer it should be pretty good.
Last edit: 08 Sep 2016 02:53 by RoGuE_StreaK.

More
09 Sep 2016 17:02 #53690 by bazsound
Replied by bazsound on topic Devo 10 range test - OrangeRx 610

RoGuE_StreaK wrote:

bazsound wrote: Well with the range test enabled, i loose complete connection at 20 paces, which is probably 18 meters. Does that seem about right?

I'm not sure what power the range test sets the output to, but if it's 100uW (which used to be the recommended for testing) then according to some tests by Cereal_Killer it should be pretty good.

I have latest stable deviation installed so range test sets to 100uw.

Thats good to know, its on a 250 so not exactly going to be flying far but still good to know there is plenty of range . ill recheck in the worst orientations to see what i get

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds