Devo 6s Touch Screen Calibration Help

More
04 Oct 2016 03:38 #54566 by Elmtree
Devo 6s Touch Screen Calibration Help was created by Elmtree
I got a devo 6s recently and I"m having some trouble with the touch screen. It came with version 5.0 of deviation preinstalled. It seems like the top right corner of the screen is squashed down while the top left is mapped correctly. This leaves a triangle on the top right of the screen where touches do nothing. It seems like the touchable area is a trapezoidal shape, but is still mapped to the rectangular view of the screen.

This makes touches near the top right very strange. To touch the ok in certain menus I have to touch below it. I have recalibrated the touch screen many times. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could fix it?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Oct 2016 18:35 #54593 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Devo 6s Touch Screen Calibration Help
My guess is that it is a hardware problem: the touch sensitive panel is not aligned with the display.
I would open up the tx, disassemble the display panel and check the alignment...

More
05 Oct 2016 04:09 #54614 by Elmtree
Replied by Elmtree on topic Devo 6s Touch Screen Calibration Help
I'll try it out. Are there any guides to disassembling the screen? I certainly don't wanna screw anything up.

Also I was screwing around with calibration and it's gotten weirder. Now I can get full range on the Y axis on the right, but at about half way towards the left it limits to 40 or under in the Y and X gets stuck at 80. It's all very odd. Could I do some sort of manual calibration? Is there a way to do a more indepth calibration than just two points? Maybe up it to 4?

More
05 Oct 2016 16:03 #54632 by Elmtree

FDR wrote: My guess is that it is a hardware problem: the touch sensitive panel is not aligned with the display.
I would open up the tx, disassemble the display panel and check the alignment...

So I disassembled the radio and took the display module off the main board. I ended up with a screen attached to a PCB. How do I check for alignment on this module?

Thanks

More
06 Oct 2016 04:06 #54644 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Devo 6s Touch Screen Calibration Help
I don't know, I've never disassembled that far.
Is the whole display module one unit?
Can you post a picture of it?

More
06 Oct 2016 04:11 #54645 by Elmtree
I'll try to post a picture tomorrow. It's a PCB with the display attached to the front and a set of pins coming out the back. It looks like it uses adhesive of some sort to stay attached.

The screen is a re-purposed resistive touch mobile phone screen I think, based on a set of buttons on one edge that are only visible when it is taken out of the transmitter. It has a home and back button, and two others. There is no screen there, just touch sensors.

Also there is a crack under those buttons. It isn't visible when the TX is all put together, but when taken apart it is visible. I'm wondering if this is the issue. I've been looking for replacement touch screens for it, but no luck so far.

More
06 Oct 2016 05:43 - 06 Oct 2016 05:47 #54646 by vlad_vy
Last edit: 06 Oct 2016 05:47 by vlad_vy.

More
09 Oct 2016 14:40 #54754 by Elmtree
I will open it up and check tonight!

More
10 Oct 2016 02:19 - 10 Oct 2016 02:20 #54780 by Elmtree
You were right! That's the screen. I'll try to order it.

I think it'd be a good idea to replace the touch screen too. I took a picture of the board which I've attached here. The part number is FPC-W2003AV0 CTC.

Where do you think I could find that? Same place?
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 Oct 2016 02:20 by Elmtree.

More
10 Oct 2016 14:58 #54793 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Devo 6s Touch Screen Calibration Help
From Deviation Wiki hardware connection Devo 6:

LCD Display: HX8347-D 320x240x18bit QVGA
Touch Sensor: TSC2008 SPI touch sensor

More
10 Oct 2016 16:50 #54794 by Elmtree
So it seems like that is the actual IC for touch sensing, not the screen part. Obviously I'm not sure which is broken. I'll try to see what packaging it is/see if I can find it all all. Also I didn't realize there was a Devo hardware connection wiki. Thanks for that!

More
10 Oct 2016 16:52 #54795 by vlad_vy

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds