Hello everyone!

More
13 Oct 2016 01:34 #54866 by SuperFLY
Hello everyone! was created by SuperFLY
Been flying FPV for about 2 years now. I also have a custom build service that is called SuperFLY Multirotor Services. I fly quads and wings and have used Spektrum and Taranis for a while now. I have always disregarded the Devo 7e as i saw it to be a "Toy" radio. However I recently got to hold one in my hands and was very impressed with the feel of the radio. My DX6 feels like a dump truck in my hands, and the XD9 feels like a wiffle ball. The Devo 7E was SOLID and since I use mostly DSMX Rx now (because OSD are finally no longer a PITA) I want a smaller more simple radio and I hope the Devo 7E will be it! Hope to bother some of you vetts soon as my radio is inbound from the Amazon jungle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Oct 2016 10:43 - 13 Oct 2016 10:54 #54878 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Hello everyone!
Hello,

Devo7E with hardware limited ~7mw output range and FPV? That will not work great! You do NOT have same range as Devo7+Devo10.
Especially on DSM + DEVO protocols (CYRF) you run into this limitation!

You would have to mod it with 4-in-1 modules (full 100mw CYRF output power) or get a CC2500 HF module for FrSkyX protocol.

Anways, personally I would NOT buy a transmitter with that limited memory.
You probably read that Deviation developers have problems (over and over again) to fit the existing / future code to 7E?!

Threads:
Newest DSM threads on fixes and enhancements: www.deviationtx.com/forum/protocol-devel...m2-x-protocol-errors
Custom 5.0.0 build: www.deviationtx.com/forum/builds/6407-de...ith-latest-protocols
7E poll: www.deviationtx.com/forum/general-polls/5754-saving-the-7e

F210 and statement on Devo7 EU=10mw range: www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-disc...lkera-f210-model-ini

Thomas
Last edit: 13 Oct 2016 10:54 by Thomas.Heiss.

More
13 Oct 2016 14:08 #54882 by SadSack
Replied by SadSack on topic Hello everyone!
You don't have to fit 4/1 module. Just doing diode mod would let full range work for DMX.

More
13 Oct 2016 15:04 #54884 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic Hello everyone!
@SadSack - yes, but this "just doing diode mod" means "just ruining beyond repair" for many :-) This is not the mod I would advise, though I did it myself to my Devo 7E.

More
13 Oct 2016 15:50 #54888 by SadSack
Replied by SadSack on topic Hello everyone!
Tbh both ways are right.
He's running build service so guessing he hasn't got dexterity of a camel wearing gloves.

More
13 Oct 2016 19:42 #54896 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Hello everyone!
That's true SadSack, but probably risky to my understanding if you are not used to SMD soldering or do it wrong???
Why fix a bad 7E HW HF design instead of getting it "right" from the beginning?

You can easily hit past threads like "DSM range problems / issues": www.google.com/search?q=site:deviationtx...+dsmx+range+problems :
www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-disc...m2-zero-range-solved
www.deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-que...sing-dsmx-on-devo-7e
www.deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-que...ssues-been-fixed-yet
www.deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-que...-telemetry-questions

This hardware HF mod combined with oranges and lemons is the ideal fit! :-)

Well, I do not know - and can not reproduce - what are all these guys talking in the threads anyways...

More
More
13 Oct 2016 20:10 - 13 Oct 2016 20:12 #54898 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic Hello everyone!
using windscreen heater repair paint to short the diode is the easiest and least likely for failure way to do the range mod for those without the equipment and or skills to do it with solder, though if you are doing work like that just using a 4in1 module instead would be my suggestion, plus if you don't solder in the 4th rf chip ce wire to the mcu it's a very easy mod to make
Last edit: 13 Oct 2016 20:12 by HappyHarry.

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds