FHSS same as S-FHSS?

More
15 Oct 2016 18:17 #54986 by Fer
FHSS same as S-FHSS? was created by Fer
I have a little aeroplane and I was wondering if i can make it with my DEVO 10.

It is an RTF version and the tx is FHSS compatible as you can see here www.mbs-rcmodels.se/arf-och-edf-modeller...an-sk-16-rtf-2-4ghz/ (well, not very clear, but it does say FHSS on it).

I am not sure if S-FHSS is the same, or if it is a completely different protocol. This little aeroplane i have flown only a few times because i have to take one more tx to the airfield.

So, if this is supported by DeviationX, what protocol should i use and how to bind?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Oct 2016 18:36 #54987 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic FHSS same as S-FHSS?
FHSS = Frequency Hopping Spread Spektrum (it is describing the modulation type)

Its then about the implementation and chipset, each manufacturer give then it's own marketing and fancy name for it. FASST, ACCT, S-FHSS, AFHDS2, DSMX etc etc. Which are all FHSS.....

S-FHSS is a Futaba name. I have no idea what implementation is used here...?

More
15 Oct 2016 20:22 #54991 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic FHSS same as S-FHSS?
Not sure but I read once that the former protocol (parallel to FASST) of S-FHSS might have been named "Futaba FHSS".
German thread: www.futaba-forum.net/showthread.php?5603-FHSS-oder-FASST

So there is FHSS, S-FHSS, T-FHSS, FASST, FASSTest.

Has nothing to do with "frequency hopping spread spektrum", just the "wrong" names.

I am not sure if Axion Link is the same as Futaba FHSS.
www.flymex.net/rc-marken/axion-rc/

AxionRC is also listed on Ripmax, which are Futaba dealers as well as. You might want to give them a call and ask :-)

Thomas

More
16 Oct 2016 08:25 - 16 Oct 2016 08:26 #54999 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic FHSS same as S-FHSS?
Not agree with you:

There is also DSSS - Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum.
Using 1 or a few fixed channels for transmission, such as DSM.
FHSS is more of a hopping DSSS and proven to be more reliable.

Futaba all there solutions are based FHSS (FASSTwas one of the first rc FHSS in the market and at the time the best most reliable system), but now FUTABA have many implementations and chipsets and names for there protocols and therefore incompatibilities......

To find if compatible is easiest just try it, otherwise must do some capturing of the chip.
Last edit: 16 Oct 2016 08:26 by Fernandez.

More
16 Oct 2016 10:38 #55001 by Fer
Replied by Fer on topic FHSS same as S-FHSS?
Thank you all. So, there isn't a simple way, and i am not a programmer or familiar with all the things one must do to determine what is what. I only tryed the S-FHSS option in my DEVO 10, but it didn't bind.

More
16 Oct 2016 10:53 - 16 Oct 2016 10:59 #55003 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic FHSS same as S-FHSS?
www.futabarc.com/receivers/fhss.html
www.futabarc.com/receivers/fhss-s-fhss-compat.html
www.futabarc.com/systems/air.html

"FHSS" is separately named on the supporting Futaba transmitters (see listing).

Maybe you can test your Axion transmitter with the R603GF and R2004GF Futaba FHSS receivers? :)

One Deviation developer would have to implement "Futaba FHSS" protocol anyways, if that may be any compatible with Axion.
As it seems FHSS is only 3-4CH (RX) related it is probably not worth the effort.
Somehow it's weird that the Futaba matrix lists some FHSS protocol compatible transmitters (T6J, T8J) to be working with S-FHSS 6CH receivers in FHSS protocol mode.
Maybe the S-FHSS receivers are backward-compatible to FHSS too?

S-FHSS was originally implemented in Deviation for the XK K110/K120... CP helis.

Happy testing.

My 2cents

Thomas
Last edit: 16 Oct 2016 10:59 by Thomas.Heiss.

More
21 Oct 2018 18:09 - 21 Oct 2018 18:10 #71449 by Fer
Replied by Fer on topic FHSS same as S-FHSS?
Two years after my first post about the FHSS AxionRc protocol... My fleet of AxionRc little aeroplanes has grown to include a Texan, a TL-3000 Sirius and a Polykarpov, all beeing nice planes. But the main problem remains. The stock AxionRc tx is not computerized, only has one model memory, can't really trim all models to fly as they should, because trims for previous model are lost... AxionRc may not be around anymore, but cheap good AxionRc planes are still on the market. I guess the protocol hasn't been included yet to any nightly build, has it?
Last edit: 21 Oct 2018 18:10 by Fer.

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds