7E Help please - screen does not display graphics

More
19 Oct 2016 11:04 #55133 by stevo1957
Hi guys,

I just installed an NRF24L01 module and reflashed with the latest nightly build firmware and USB files.

Everything works fine - I can now fly my Blade Nano DSMX and also Eachine E010, but strange thing is, the main screen after power on shows nothing but the model name in the top left hand corner.
All other graphics are missing - icon, trim, axis icons etc

All other screens seem to be fine in so far as transmitter and model configs etc are concerned.

Any ideas?

Can I also ask what the advanced GUI option is? I can't change if from "advanced" when in model setups - there are no other options.

Cheers,

Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2016 11:48 #55136 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic 7E Help please - screen does not display graphics
Did you really copy over all directories / files from the ZIP in USB-mode?
Probably you did, as you also have to copy over the protocol folder with all files on the 7E.

There is only advanced mixer GUI in plane mode.
In heli mode there is advanced + standard.

Standard heli, as well advanced 5.0.0 heli templates, have some bugs.
I wrote about it in release 5.0.0 thread with links to heli developer thread.

More
19 Oct 2016 11:50 #55137 by Deal57
There are a couple of things to check, but to me it sounds like maybe your ini file isn't right. Can you start a brand new model on an unused position, use the template of your choice and all the defaults. This should result in the normal screen layout. If it doesn't, something in your load didn't go right. Stick with the "Advanced" GUI until you have a chance to read about the GUI options in the User Manual.

I'm thinking maybe your flash load is ok, but you may be missing the bitmaps for these models or maybe a custom toggle3 file. And if the model.ini you have was set up for a different screen the layout GUI section may be wrong.

The other option is to start with a fresh installation (use the 5.0 release, just to keep it simple, and I always format the 7e prior to copying over the file system by USB. And before starting, be sure to make backup if you have npanything you want to keep.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
19 Oct 2016 12:32 - 19 Oct 2016 12:33 #55140 by stevo1957
Thanks mate.

I actually reformatted and started again when I replaced V5 with the nightly build files.

I created Model 2 for the Eachine. Everything works fine, it's just that I don't have a full display on the main screen.

I'll reformat and reinstall again and see if that fixes it.

Cheers,
Steve
Last edit: 19 Oct 2016 12:33 by stevo1957.

More
19 Oct 2016 12:39 #55141 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic 7E Help please - screen does not display graphics
Try Vlad's 5.0.0 custom DSMx build.

Who knows what bugs are in nightly-builds (active development including GUI)....

More
20 Oct 2016 10:13 #55185 by stevo1957
Guys,

I feel like a goose.

When I copied the USB files across, I accidentally put a directory off another one and not off the root...simple as that.

Works fine now with the correct directory structure.

Another quick question though please.

Deviation V5 has a directory called "language" in the zip file but this directory does not appear in the nightly build version.

Do I need to manually create it?

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers,

Steve

Time to create page: 0.036 seconds