Devo F12E problem with V5.0

More
09 Nov 2016 21:24 - 17 Nov 2016 19:37 #55825 by aerocar
Devo F12E problem with V5.0 was created by aerocar
PROBLEM
When setting channel for VIDEO, screen goes white and locks up the controller.
Only way back is disconnect battery then quickly turn off VIDEO.

How would I revert transmitter to original Walkera configuration?
Last edit: 17 Nov 2016 19:37 by aerocar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Nov 2016 03:51 #55829 by jshplayer
Replied by jshplayer on topic Devo F12E won't update
HOW TO INSTALL Deviation on F12E (my way but it works) Use the original walkera firmware upload tool with the original driver, download the latest nightly zip, and extract the dfu and the fs file, install the firmware then restart the radio, you'll get the usb storage popup, just delete the fs file on there (it's like a dummy file) and copy the fs from the download, then reboot and you'll have Deviation on your radio, that actually saves changes unlike when you use the Java firmware tool.

More
10 Nov 2016 05:06 #55830 by Arnold
Replied by Arnold on topic Devo F12E won't update

aerocar wrote: Please, how to update F12E to communicate with DSM2 or DSMX?
Latest .dfu results in screen says USB---nothing else.
Went back to original.

Installing Deviation is a two step process.
1. Install the firmware
2. Install the Filesystem Library

So, it sounds like you have installed the firmware and restarted the controller. It will restart in USB mode, expecting that you will install the Filesystem Library next.
In the case of the Devo F-series controllers, the Deviation Filesystem Library is entirely contained in a single file named, "Devo.fs". You will find the Devo.fs file when you unpack the .zip file that you downloaded for your controller. Simply copy it from your computer onto the Devo F12E via USB and restart the controller again when that copy is completed. That should put you in business.

Too many hobbies & too many Devos!
Who knows where the time goes?

More
28 Nov 2016 08:51 #56339 by csoringercsiga
Replied by csoringercsiga on topic Devo F12E problem with V5.0
I have the same problem with the current nightly builds. With nighly 5.0.... my video freezes the hole transmitter if I try to find channel. As soon as it is on the right channel the screen goes white and the only way back is to turn it off.
Currently I'm using an old nightly I found it on the forum. It is a 4.... version and it is working fine but I gess the latest upgrades are not in it.
Does anybody know about this bug?
I red a lot of forums and found quite a lot of people with this problem but no one known the answer there.
It would be nice to use 5... Version as it is upgraded. If you have a working 5.0 nighty, can you share it with us please?

This is the version I found and use
www.dropbox.com/s/5ajclvduzxoexhq/deviat...0.1-ge9e0df.zip?dl=0

More
28 Nov 2016 14:08 #56344 by aerocar
Replied by aerocar on topic Devo F12E problem with V5.0
So, I am not the only person with this problem with V5 in the E12F! I had to back to Walkera V1.3 to get back to working. Please, whoever is the guru expert with V5 find a solution.
I did try V4 before trying V5. It is so amazing to be able to choose Spektrum, Hubsan, etc.

More
13 Dec 2016 02:53 #56769 by rdowzall
Replied by rdowzall on topic Devo F12E problem with V5.0
Me too, I have the same fade to white when using the video with the 5 versions, tried them all, I too went back to an older 4.01 version and it works great. I also hope newer versions will work in the future. It would be so great to have one transmitter and FPV to boot!!!

More
15 Dec 2016 19:00 #56867 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic Devo F12E problem with V5.0
I've got F12E, although a broken one. As soon as I repair it (replace LCD) I plan to look at it.

And I had this issue myself - as soon as you find right channel it floods screen uniformly and freezes.

Those with the problem, can you report hardware version Walkera's original firmware reports?

More
15 Dec 2016 19:33 #56870 by rdowzall
Replied by rdowzall on topic Devo F12E problem with V5.0
Thanks, I've got hardware V1.2 and was using the Walkera firmware 1.5A. It way above myself to understand how these things work but it sure would be awesome if it did. Good luck!!!!!

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds