Devo F12E with .dfu V5 (all) video screen fails

More
19 Nov 2016 19:06 #56058 by aerocar
Updated to V5.0. System works until I activate video screen. Then it goes white and transmitter locks up. Only way back is disconnect battery. YET, video output port works fine. A glitch in V5??
I reverted to Walkera V1.3A, all works fine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Nov 2016 13:34 - 20 Nov 2016 13:42 #56075 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Devo F12E with .dfu V5 (all) video screen fails
Please understand the state of the F12E build; it's NOT STABLE and likely wont be any time soon! What's it need? A devoted developer willing / able to do the work...

The only builds available for the F series (F12E / F7) are nightly builds (UNSTABLE) and are intended as a starting point for a developer to pickup and run with. I dont have an F series so I haven't followed that closely but from what I understand deviationTx's file system is up and running including RF system control but little to no work has been in regards to video (display or receiver). In fact I find it very interesting you've got good video out (am I understanding you right that you have full video channel control, just not the on-board display)?
I'm not sure what, if any work has been done on the video side, if it just needs some debugging or if it needs [much] more...

Sorry for any misunderstanding you may have had thinking there was a full DeviationTX release for your F series. We'ed like that to be the case but till we get a developer willing to do the work it's pretty low priority, especially with all the work that's gone into some of the awesome other projects, things like the port to the AT9 / AT10 (which took a lot of HW mods and TONS AND TONS of work on those guy's parts) and the just recently completed 3-in-1 / 4-in-1 modules and the recent 5.0 release

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/
Last edit: 20 Nov 2016 13:42 by Cereal_Killer.

More
20 Nov 2016 14:43 #56080 by aerocar
Cereal, understood. But, with many posts by other users who updated their F12E controllers, I have posted the only issue with video. Could I really be the only one? All other aspects of Deviation V5 are fine. I am guessing that others solved the problem or it did not happen for them.

Time to create page: 0.029 seconds