Devo 10 + Booster XQ-02A + DSMX

More
22 Nov 2016 12:41 #56160 by Ratverg
Devo 10 + Booster XQ-02A + DSMX was created by Ratverg
Hi everybody!
i have flashed latest deviation fw to my Devo 10 and bind my Lemon Satellite (DSMX - protocol).
But i was not impressed with the maximum range i have with this setup - only about 300 meters with standard antenna and 500-600 with directional antenna.
As far as i know - Devo maximum output power with DSMX protocol obout 60-70 mw (for example, spektrum dxi6 have 200mw module)
So, i decide to install XQ-02A 2W booster to my Devo. (it is a small module, i soldered it directly above the original TX module and powered from 5V Bec)

Annnd... - i have only slight increase in range (may be about 30 %) it is definitely not 2W!

Could anybody suggest, where might be the problem?
Does anybody have any success with this XQ-02A 2W module and Devo?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Nov 2016 13:13 #56161 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Devo 10 + Booster XQ-02A + DSMX
Is your Lemon receiver bad?
Any carbon?

Try a genuine Spektrum receiver and use telemetry / Spektrum FlightLog to check for FrameLosses and concreter distances.

AR6210 has two receivers (internal + SAT) and the newer AR....T receiver even has on-board telemetry, so you do not need a TM1000 anymore AND supports optional satellite.

More
22 Nov 2016 19:35 #56180 by Ratverg
Replied by Ratverg on topic Devo 10 + Booster XQ-02A + DSMX
No, it does not seems that my Lemon is bad.
I just measured range with lemon sat and orange RX and lemon was even a little bit better than orange.
Unfortunately, i have no other DSMX rx to test.
But i have spektrum TX (DX6I), and it looks like stock DX6I (200mw) range is almost the same as Devo 10 + 2W booster!

I do not understand, is it damaged booster? Or maybe Devo module output power not enough for this booster?

More
22 Nov 2016 20:51 #56183 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Devo 10 + Booster XQ-02A + DSMX
How many meters do you get on 100uw and 1mw output power?

Sorry, I have no altimeter and GPS sensors here for max m ranges on 100mw max output power.

Time to create page: 0.036 seconds