DEVO 10. <DEVO> Protocol could not bind

More
24 Nov 2016 02:21 #56243 by tigakcyu
DEVO 10. <DEVO> Protocol could not bind was created by tigakcyu
I have installed the Deviation and put the V4.0.1 into my DEVO 10. After editing the tx.ini, I have tried several protocols with my different heli and quadcopters.

However, some protocols do work fine, but <DEVO> protocol could not successfully bind.
Per my understanding, <DEVO> protocol are using the same module as <WK2401>, i.e. CYRF6936. But why <WK2401> is working on my tx., but <DEVO> doesn't?

Is my multi-module has error? Or I have done anything wrong?

So far, <DEVO>, <WK2401>, <HUBSAN> has been tried, only <DEVO> protocol could not bind.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Nov 2016 05:14 #56244 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic DEVO 10. <DEVO> Protocol could not bind
You need to clear the fixed ID box first in order to auto bind using the DEVO protocol.
When the auto bind succeeded, you can enter a new fixed ID, and send it to the RX...

More
24 Nov 2016 05:16 - 24 Nov 2016 05:26 #56245 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic DEVO 10. <DEVO> Protocol could not bind
V4.0.1? Are you sure? Well, that code is almost 3 years old!!!

Post your tx.ini and hardware.ini and what Devo receiver you use and how you bind it (FixedID, no ID).
Hubsan? You are not using the Devo10 standard CYRF6936 anymore? What multi-module are you using? 3-in-1? 4-in-1? Have you done anything wrong? Is DSMx with a Spektrum receiver (e.g AR600, AR6210) working?

Firstly you should not use anymore V4.0.1. The release 5.0.0 fixes a critical CYRF chip reset bug for the DEVO protocol: www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-disc...-0-has-been-released
Secondly 5.0.0 adds many DSMx telemetry enhancements and Spektrum FlightLog >255 fixes, see the Wiki.

If you make use of the Spektrum DSMx protocol Vlad's test build is the right thing to use for the moment until his protocol changes and fixes (including CYRF reset www.deviationtx.com/forum/protocol-devel...m2-x-protocol-errors ) are committed into 5.0.0-nightly-build and backported to 5.0.x.

Are you in the EU? If yes you better use DSMx (FHSS).instead of a 3 channel DSSS DEVO protocol.

Thomas
Last edit: 24 Nov 2016 05:26 by Thomas.Heiss.

More
24 Nov 2016 05:52 #56246 by tigakcyu
Replied by tigakcyu on topic DEVO 10. <DEVO> Protocol could not bind
FDR,

Thank you very much! Your advice does solve the problem, it is the FIXED_ID issue on the TX <DEVO> protocol.
After following your advice, the Walkera Ladybird, and the RX601 could be bind successfully. I believed the remaining RX802 and RX1002 should be ok as well.

More
24 Nov 2016 06:03 #56247 by tigakcyu
Replied by tigakcyu on topic DEVO 10. <DEVO> Protocol could not bind
Hi, Thomas,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. Indeed, I agree with that V4.0.1 is quite old. I will move forward to 5.0.0 soon.

As you have mentioned, it is the FixedID issue. Right now, the problem is solved after changing them to NO ID. (I'll Fix the ID plane by plane afterward).

Because most of my existing planes are equipped with DEVO receivers, so I must find a way to use DEVO protocol. In the coming future, other receivers will be considered. (DEVO receiver has too much connections . . . not convenience at all)

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds