Devo 10 - I found this inside my radio

More
28 Nov 2016 05:10 - 28 Nov 2016 05:11 #56332 by fredskidoo
Devo 10 - I found this inside my radio was created by fredskidoo
Hello all

I decided this section would have to do for this posting. Suggestions otherwise would be appreciated.

So I've just sat down to install the 4in1 and after cracking open my Devo 10 and unplugging the back from the front I spotted this pin stuck to the adhesive backing for the AUX 4 label. I have not noticed anything wrong in the mechanical functioning of the Devo up to this point beyond having face planted it and breaking both the MIX and AILE D/R toggle switches off. Both the two and the three position toggle switches are still intact on their backsides. I am thinking it (the pin) is from either gimbals but am unsure as I've never had one apart before. It measures 10mm. Anybody recognize it?

Attachments:
Last edit: 28 Nov 2016 05:11 by fredskidoo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2016 12:30 #56341 by Khan
Replied by Khan on topic Devo 10 - I found this inside my radio
Looks like a centering pin, maybe it comes from the molding equipment that made the shell...

More
28 Nov 2016 16:14 #56345 by dado099
Replied by dado099 on topic Devo 10 - I found this inside my radio
To me it seems the hinge of battery compartement.....

More
28 Nov 2016 21:17 #56350 by fredskidoo
Replied by fredskidoo on topic Devo 10 - I found this inside my radio
Dado099 . . . ah hah !!!

I had the battery door break off some time ago. this is most likely what it's from. I'm quite happy that the pin found itself stuck to that adhesive backing rather than smoking some circuitry inside - really lucky!

again, thanks for your reply dado099

Ethan

More
28 Nov 2016 22:11 #56351 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Devo 10 - I found this inside my radio
So did the toggle levers break off? If so, might be the little metal pin that's inside the lever, works against a spring and essentially provides the solid "click" of the switch, semi-locking it into place.

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds