Devo 10 interferences FPV 5.8 GHZ

More
05 Dec 2016 10:04 #56538 by kubus
Devo 10 interferences FPV 5.8 GHZ was created by kubus
Hello,

yesterday my mates and me wanted to fly our FPV quads together.
My equipment is a Devo 10 (deviation V 5.0) with the stock transmitter module and cheap Vision+ FPV goggles with 5.8 GHZ rx.

So far my equipment works quite well but we recognized strange interferences between my Devo 10 and the FPV goggles of my mates.

One of them uses the Walkera goggle 3 and the other one a Fatshark Dominator HD.
Both of them were not able to fly / get a picture when the Devo was powered up.
I flew both DSM2 and DSMX models and we had the issues with both of them.

I never heard that a 2.4 GHZ transmitter interferences with a 5.8 GHZ receiver and I want to ask if this is a common problem and if someone knows how to solve it.

Thank you guys in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Dec 2016 10:17 #56539 by vlad_vy

More
05 Dec 2016 12:15 #56541 by kubus
Replied by kubus on topic Devo 10 interferences FPV 5.8 GHZ
Thanks for the link, vlad!

They are talking about switching to channel 8, but in which band?
And we can't fly all on the same channel, if we want to fly together.

Shielding the video rx is maybe a solution, but hard to tell the others they have to do because of my transmitter.

Isn't it strange? I'm flying equpipment which costs about 20% of theirs and my stuff works fine, while their goggels catch up the interferences.....
But since they are kinda fan-boys of each of their brands, they don't want to hear things like that... ;-)

More
06 Dec 2016 08:55 #56577 by Arakon
Replied by Arakon on topic Devo 10 interferences FPV 5.8 GHZ
I see the same issues, with the CC2500 module and frsky protocol mostly, but also DSM. What helps is space and possibly antenna position. Try to sit a bit further away from the person with the problem, ask them to change the channel to something further away from 5800mhz, and try reducing your output on the devo.. if you are racing and staying fairly close, 30 or even 10mW will be enough.

More
06 Dec 2016 08:59 #56578 by kubus
Replied by kubus on topic Devo 10 interferences FPV 5.8 GHZ
Thanks Arakon!

I already reduced the power to 30 and later on to 10 mW, but the interferences were still there.
But you might be right. We stood fairly close to each other and it was inside a sports-hall. We will test, if we have the same issues outside and furthermore I built in the banggood 4-in-1 module yesterday. Maybe it will work better than the stock module.

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds