tx processor chip corrupted ??

More
20 Dec 2016 09:34 #57032 by kiwi-craig
tx processor chip corrupted ?? was created by kiwi-craig
guys, devo 10 running 4.01, been running deviation for nearly 2 years totally reliable and lots of custom flight model.ini for my various helis.

ran into a problem where my various heli models have developed a hyper sensitive aileron and tail response. ail servo spend is ballistically fast, and the tail is super sensitive. Nothings changed in the setting buts its like a massive dose of negative expo has been added.

also the glitches like channel assignments out of order on the KN-FX models. if overwritten by usb back ups it then reassigns when the models loads ?

had a couple of issues with USBing in new models where its got hung up and had to format the drive and literally reload everything

reloaded the DFU, same issues, reloaded an earlier DFU that have previously worked fine, still the same issues the ail and tail hyper sensitivity. clean out the model files and reload from past back ups.

is it possible for the TX processor to become corrupted ? is there a way of formatting the chip clean and starting again ?

bin the DFU's and move to the 5.0 ?

stumped !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Dec 2016 10:33 #57035 by Moeder
Replied by Moeder on topic tx processor chip corrupted ??
Hey,
it's been quite a while, but from what I've heard you had quite some fun with KNFX :)

kiwi-craig wrote: ran into a problem where my various heli models have developed a hyper sensitive aileron and tail response. ail servo spend is ballistically fast, and the tail is super sensitive. Nothings changed in the setting buts its like a massive dose of negative expo has been added.

Does this affect all models? a corrupt processor sounds unlikely. Maybe something wrong with your sticks? First try a recalibration. Then please check in Transmitter Menu -> Channel monitor -> "Stick input" (one press of "right") that you get full + to - 100 input from the sticks without any unusual jumps.

kiwi-craig wrote: also the glitches like channel assignments out of order on the KN-FX models. if overwritten by usb back ups it then reassigns when the models loads ?

Could you elaborate on that issue? I wasn't aware of that.

kiwi-craig wrote: bin the DFU's and move to the 5.0 ?

Moving to 5.0 or nightly is IMHO never a bad decision. Although I doubt it will have any influence on your issues.

More
20 Dec 2016 16:37 #57044 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic tx processor chip corrupted ??
I agree - try calibration first.

More
20 Dec 2016 17:45 #57048 by kiwi-craig
Replied by kiwi-craig on topic tx processor chip corrupted ??
looks like stick calibration my god the ail and tail where going to 100% in a fraction of the stick travel - insane !
may have sorted the issue !

Moeder, i reverted to your original dfu you sent me - no problems with that file for KNFX ! and yes had allot of fun with the FX's

thanks guys !

More
20 Dec 2016 17:55 #57050 by kiwi-craig
Replied by kiwi-craig on topic tx processor chip corrupted ??
yup thats it, quick fly and everything back to normal....... gads !

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds