FuriBee F3 32-bit Brushed FC: Cannot Bind - FrSky

More
24 Dec 2016 23:17 - 24 Dec 2016 23:20 #57214 by CesiumSalami
Anybody have any thoughts on this?
I know there are a lot of variables, but ... I can't bind to this board which is billed as being "FrSky"
Here's a link to the board

Their directions say,

open the X9D remote control, select D8 mode, and then select the bind press

So, I'd believe this to be true. Their manual claims SBUS support, but people are claiming to only have success when the board is setup for PPM. But they are getting telemetry values sent back.

I'm using FrSky as the protocol - is there anything special I would need to do to bind with this board if it is indeed setup for only PPM using the FrSky protocol? Is there any chance the other settings might mess this up? Like FixedID or anything like that?

Picture of board attached showing the CC2500 chip, etc...

Things I'm Doing:
  • Using a Devo 7E with Deviation 5.0.0 [stable] and a Banggood 4-in-1
  • Bound successfully to another FrSky board (not the same model) using the FrSky protocol and using SBUS
  • Using the bind button on the board and noticing the light go solid as it's supposed to - when it bind it's supposed to turn off but that never works.
  • Trying different output power and different distances from the board when clicking the "bind" button.
  • Trying FrSky-V8
  • In clean flight, I've tried to when using Serial selecting various UARTs as serial with no joy.
  • In clean flight, when trying PPM - turn off the UARTs except the "Data" one.

Attachments:
Last edit: 24 Dec 2016 23:20 by CesiumSalami.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Dec 2016 00:00 #57216 by hexfet
Frsky is the correct protocol to use for D8 mode.
The serial settings in cleanflight don't have any effect on binding.
Didn't understand the part about the LED behavior. Is it not responding to the bind button so maybe a bad button?

First thing to try is changing the fine frequency adjustment in the protocol options. I have an early 4-n-1 and it performs best with a value of -42, while my single cc2500 module is at -15. Try values at intervals of 10 and see if it makes a difference. Though since you're able to bind to another Frsky receiver that may not be the issue.

More
25 Dec 2016 00:18 #57217 by CesiumSalami
Replied by CesiumSalami on topic FuriBee F3 32-bit Brushed FC: Cannot Bind - FrSky
GAH! You're brilliant! That was exactly it! Just had to pull it down to -30! Nice! Not sure how to evaluate the "best" value - but it finally works.
Thanks so much for taking the time to help me out. Much appreciated!

More
25 Dec 2016 00:47 - 25 Dec 2016 00:48 #57220 by hexfet
You're welcome. If you're running a nightly build use the LQI value on the telemetry test page to find the best frequency adjustment. Should be able to get LQI under 50. On the 7e telemetry test page LQI is first row in the Signl column.
Last edit: 25 Dec 2016 00:48 by hexfet.

More
25 Dec 2016 03:44 #57224 by CesiumSalami
Replied by CesiumSalami on topic FuriBee F3 32-bit Brushed FC: Cannot Bind - FrSky
Excellent. I'll check that out. I haven't upgraded to the latest (or even recent nightly) - slow adopter. But there are now a lot of reasons to try it out.

Is it embarrassing that my first quad to support telemetry is a Tiny Whoop? :) (rhetorical question)

More
07 Jan 2017 06:37 #57608 by silkysmooth321
Replied by silkysmooth321 on topic FuriBee F3 32-bit Brushed FC: Cannot Bind - FrSky
Hi, I am having the same issue in Cleanflight with a Frsky Taranis Plus transmitter. What do you mean by changing the fine frequency adjustment in the protocol options. Where might this be? Are you talking about in Cleanflight options. Could you be more specific please. Just learning these procedures. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

More
07 Jan 2017 16:45 #57637 by hexfet
The fine frequency adjustment is a feature in the cc2500 protocols implementations. It's a way of compensating for crystal frequency differences in the radio module.

If the module you're using is based on this project it also supports the fine adjustment, but I don't know how you change it.

More
07 Jan 2017 18:43 #57641 by silkysmooth321
Replied by silkysmooth321 on topic FuriBee F3 32-bit Brushed FC: Cannot Bind - FrSky
Thanks for the reply. So in order to get my Furibee F3 32-bit Brushed FC to bind correctly with my Taranis Plus transmitter I will need the 2.4G CC2500 A7105 Flysky Frsky Devo DSM2 Multiprotocol TX Module With Antenna from Banggood. I do not understand the issue here with this board, because I have other Frsky brushed FC boards that bind, and work flawlessly in Cleanflight configurator.

More
07 Jan 2017 19:28 #57643 by hexfet
Sorry replied too early in the morning. The Taranis built-in module supports Frsky - you don't need another module. There is no frequency adjustment for the built-in module in the Taranis. Maybe the binding issue on your quad is something else.

More
07 Jan 2017 21:59 #57646 by silkysmooth321
Wow, I really appreciate your immediate reply in this regard as I am currently working on my issue. It just so happens doing some more messing around I cured the problem. I want to thank you though for your kind help with my issue. Thanks for the understanding as I am a newbie at this, just now learning the ropes, thanks to people out there like yourself who are willing to help others this hobby can thrive. Thanks so much for your time.

More
06 Feb 2017 18:35 #58825 by Nightfly
Good Evening, cant bind it with my devo 10 latest nightly and 3in1 Module.
Followed it so far and have daone the fine frequency adjustment, sometimes the solid blue light turned of ,but after put on the batery its not binding anymore, and when i repeat the procedure , its a diffrent frequency like the last time , but its never binded.
Flashed it to BF spracingf3 3.1.3
In Receiver Map AETR1234 and Port only uart1
Receiver PPM RX input
What have i done wrong?

More
11 Feb 2017 05:30 #59050 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic FuriBee F3 32-bit Brushed FC: Cannot Bind - FrSky
did you ever get it to bind i have the same F3 controller on its way from Gbest..

More
11 Feb 2017 09:07 #59057 by Nightfly
No, tried both BF and CF, and all the Frequenz adjustments in the fine tuning part

More
11 Feb 2017 09:43 #59063 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic FuriBee F3 32-bit Brushed FC: Cannot Bind - FrSky
maybe you could get the micro ppm dsm receiver and hook to it, there's solder pads on the F3 and should be able to set it up in the flight config

More
11 Feb 2017 11:49 #59066 by Nightfly
Yes will give it try , but i was courius about The Range of frsky and Debo . I have another FC from eachine with frsky, see if this will work with the devo. I finished last week another whoop with scisky FC with 18000 kV Motors and this flies like a blast

More
11 Feb 2017 18:53 #59075 by magic_marty
Everybody saying the range is fine currently I have no Frsky rx until my F3 gets here

More
20 Feb 2017 02:02 #59349 by magic_marty
Wondering if somebody would please hook up the F3 controller to cleanflight and post the PIDS that come on the board new?
I flashed mine and forgot to save the settings i would be grateful for your help...Thanks all..

More
11 Mar 2017 10:19 #60119 by ynr
I have the exact same FrSky binding problem with E010S, I've also opened this thread . According to the photos it's the exact same FC.

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds