7E, Model saved but not showing in USB drive

More
01 Jan 2017 18:05 #57431 by StuartAmbient
7E, Model saved but not showing in USB drive was created by StuartAmbient
First time posting, just got 7e yesterday. Deviation 5 latest nightly installed. Everything went well on that end. Oh and Happy New Year! ;)

I modified model1 and renamed it but when I access the radio on usb I'm not seeing the file. I thought maybe I exceeded long name limit so I changed it to 5 letters but still not showing. In properties (Windows 8.1 btw) for the drive it says read-only so should I untick that box?

The model loaded fine, created it yesterday but turned on the radio this morning it was still there. I'm guessing it's not saving the file but exists in ROM? This is my best guest but don't want to change it unless I know for sure. Feedback appreciated. TIA!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jan 2017 20:20 #57436 by robca
The model names in the filesystem always show up as model1.ini thru model30.ini. When you rename a model, only a string inside the file changes, not the file name

Also, Deviation Tx doesn't change the file date you see in Windows. So it looks as if the file you changed never actually changed (same file name, same date and time). Just open the file with a text editor and you will see the model name you assigned

More
01 Jan 2017 23:15 #57443 by StuartAmbient
Replied by StuartAmbient on topic 7E, Model saved but not showing in USB drive
Okay, so each new model takes the next slot available in the 30.
When I create or mod a model is the file updated as things are done

Okay, see how it works now. Next models go into next available slot. Thank you!

More
02 Jan 2017 08:04 #57459 by robca

StuartAmbient wrote: Okay, so each new model takes the next slot available in the 30.
When I create or mod a model is the file updated as things are done

Okay, see how it works now. Next models go into next available slot. Thank you!

Pretty much... you actually decide which model to load (from 1 to 30), then edit/modify it. Once you change the name, the Devo UI shows you the right name, not the model number

Please have a look at the user manual, it explains this process (including how to copy models) pretty well

Time to create page: 0.032 seconds