devo 10 with banggood 4in1

More
03 Jan 2017 22:46 #57513 by pbeggs1
devo 10 with banggood 4in1 was created by pbeggs1
hi all
im about to try to install a banggood 4 in 1 module in my new devo 10,.. i had the thought to use a servo extension cable as the wiring and have it be able to be removable (cut servo extension cable in half and solder 1/2 to module 1/2 to mother board) anyone see a reason this is a bad idea?

also i have a question about the hardware ini file or actually a request could someone post the file as i will need it for this installation,.. im not sure weather the devo chip on the module needs to be enabled or not (some files have it commented out saying if the chip is where it originally was it is enabled automatically)

thanks for the knowledgeable posts on this site i hope im flying everything i own with one tx soon

paul beggs

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jan 2017 01:13 #57515 by robca
Replied by robca on topic devo 10 with banggood 4in1
Not sure it's such a good idea, actually... it's one more point of failure (disconnect) for no real advantage: if you plan to remove the module you need anyway to open the Tx and work inside, quickly desoldering 3 wires won't take all that long

I like soldered connections better than a plug, even if the likelihood of the plug disconnecting is low... especially when the value of a connector is very limited, and you cannot easily inspect it to see if it's still properly connected

More
04 Jan 2017 04:25 #57519 by Arnold
Replied by Arnold on topic devo 10 with banggood 4in1

pbeggs1 wrote: ... im not sure weather the devo chip on the module needs to be enabled or not (some files have it commented out saying if the chip is where it originally was it is enabled automatically) ...

Leave the semicolon on that line, no need to remove it. The CYRF component is connecting to the same socket as the original CYRF that you are replacing.

Too many hobbies & too many Devos!
Who knows where the time goes?

More
04 Jan 2017 04:45 #57522 by pbeggs1
Replied by pbeggs1 on topic devo 10 with banggood 4in1
thank you!

More
12 Jan 2017 20:36 #57857 by pbeggs1
ok soldering is done now to install software,......

More
12 Jan 2017 23:01 #57862 by pbeggs1
anyone know if there is a version of the firmware upgrade tool that works under windows 10?

More
13 Jan 2017 13:05 #57884 by justyn07
Replied by justyn07 on topic devo 10 with banggood 4in1
2.31 from walkera fans. on the download page of forums.

More
13 Jan 2017 13:21 #57886 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic devo 10 with banggood 4in1
Both the official walkera Dfu tool and the deviation upgrader tool run in Win10 (Devo tool needs java). I use both on my Win10 machine...

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds