DSMX 6CH receiver, compatible with DX6i, DX7, DX8

More
04 Jan 2017 02:33 #57516 by Ssayer
So, I'm looking at a quad with a DSMX 6CH receiver and the listing states, "DSMX 6CH receiver, compatible with DX6i, DX7, DX8, DX9". Is this a problem for a Devo7E with Deviation or should I be fine with it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jan 2017 04:16 #57518 by Arnold
Deviation's compatibility with DSMX works fine. You should have no trouble. But, see what the Deviation manual says in section 9.6 Protocol: DSMX

You can read the manual in your web browser. Find the link for the Deviation manual to your Devo in the sidebar on the left side of this page - Main Menu.

Too many hobbies & too many Devos!
Who knows where the time goes?

More
04 Jan 2017 17:35 #57533 by Ssayer
I've read it, but I still appreciate hearing from others before I spend my money. Your reassurance might not seam like a whole lot to you, but it put my mind to ease that what I read was what I thought I read. Thanks!

More
07 Jan 2017 22:55 #57649 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic DSMX 6CH receiver, compatible with DX6i, DX7, DX8
DSM2 and DSMX also use the stock module, so, unlike most other protocols, do not require an additional module to be soldered in.
Note however that the 7E stock module is reduced power unless modified, so is only reliably usable at relatively short distances, let's say 50m or so; I think I recall a figure of about 80m being the max?
So for "line of sight" flight with a smallish quad it should be fine without modification, but if you are flying more than a football field you'll need to either modify the module or swap it out for a new module, all of which requires soldering.

I believe vlad_vy's " Deviation v5.0.0 build with latest protocols " thread has some DSM2/X fixes, but haven't tested them.

More
07 Jan 2017 23:07 #57650 by Hordejuk
im using 7e with:
- OrangeRx R110X DSMX / DSM2 Compatible Satellite Receiver (on devil380)
- Redcon 2.4G DSM2 DSMX Satellite Receiver (on copterx450)

works without any problems, but i did range mode, tested - i have around 250m range now

More
08 Jan 2017 01:16 #57667 by Ssayer
The absolute first thing I did with it was the power mod. I've flown a quad with a LemonRX out to 1230' according to Google maps. I just didn't trust the wording on a particular quad that I was looking at and wanted to be 100% sure...

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds