Phantom 1 with Devo 10

More
06 Jan 2017 18:08 #57597 by Davies
Phantom 1 with Devo 10 was created by Davies
I am a total novice and have recently aquired a Phanton 1 with a Devo 10 transmitter.

When I power on the Phantom I get the yellow LEDs which I gather is no comms with transmitter.

I stupidly tried doing the upgrade to the Devo using info from this site but I think I may have gone wrong. There seems to be no model information in the transmitter.

What files do I have to upload to the Devo.

Sorry if all this is a little basic but as I said I am a novice and am getting very frustrated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jan 2017 18:25 - 06 Jan 2017 18:27 #57598 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Phantom 1 with Devo 10
Hello, do not worry my friend, creating a model file for a hobby grade multirotor is pretty much the most simple type to setup, there's no mixing or anything special that needs don, just send the stick values 1-to-1 to the flight controller and it'll handle your rates and expos and rc "tuning".

Let's back up:
Have you completed the entire DeviationTx install process to where it powers up and fully boots and is running? If so you should be able to load the file in slot 1, there should be at least 4 channels showing stick outputs on ch 1-4, check in the menu by going Transmitter menu -> Channel monitor.
Is DeviationTx not running at all (starts up with a USB logo on the screen)? If that's the case which version did you install? If it was anything other than 5.0.0 stable please list the exact build you're on (the string of characters shown on the boot screen after "devo10-5.0.0-xxxxxxx")

Assuming it is running:
First please tell us the receiver installed in the phantom so we know the protocol and number of channels...

You'll get it going in no time man, don't sweat. You picked a great combo, the phantom is a wonderful working tool for people of any skill level and the Devo10 is a top tier transmitter as far as capabilities, you won't need to replace it with "something better" any time soon!

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/
Last edit: 06 Jan 2017 18:27 by Cereal_Killer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.029 seconds