Messed up datalog.bin

More
02 Feb 2017 19:18 #58668 by Cul8r
Messed up datalog.bin was created by Cul8r
Hi all

I spent some time with the telemetry and its data log as I like to analyse the data (GPS, Current, Power used) after a flight. So after spending hours and years in finding out how it works to load the datalog.bin file on my Devo10 with data during the flight and spend even more time to find a method to analyse the datalog.bin file afterwards (thanks to datalog2csv.py which has been translated by me to an windows python version (try and error approach as I am a rookie programmer and not familiar with python, but somehow it finally worked) and squeeze out a csv file which can be loaded into excel for instances, I took one step to far as it seems. I read in the manual that it should be possible to extend the size of the datalog.bin file to capture more data by storing a bigger file on the remote. So far so good unfortunately my new and bigger file had some kind of error in it so that the Devo was not able to recognize its size any more (0 byte left). Even worse now I am completely stuck with an unreadable file. I can delete it on the file system of the remote in USB mode but it will create a new file immediately with size 0 (or does only pretend to be deleted by windows). If I try to replace that file with a proper 16k file from earlier tests the file is opened by the remote and can't be replaced. I tried to replace it also by entering the USB mode via holding enter with no success.
So has anyone a hint on how I get a clean version of the file to the remote?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.023 seconds