Standard vs. Advanced Mixer

More
16 Feb 2017 23:03 #59208 by Spyder22
Standard vs. Advanced Mixer was created by Spyder22
I recently loaded DeviationTX 5.0.0 on to my Devo 8S, it worked great for a bit until, for some reason, the standard mixer for ailerons and elevators were switched (I fly a mini CP), I found a fix by switching to the advanced mixer, but it is difficult to change rates in this mode, and I cannot find any settings associated with the gyro (I cant fly without it).

On a separate note, over last 3-4 months my mini CP has had shorter and shorter flight times, along with a complete spinout when entering 3D mode. I suspect this is related to the batteries, but I would like to be sure before ordering more.

One last remark, I am building a racing miniquad (220 size) and purchased a DEVO RX701 receiver for it. Is there anything special to know about working with DeviationTX and racing miniquads? Also, will it be possible to bind to a DSMX version of the Inductrix FPV?

Any answers are greatly appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Feb 2017 05:29 #59221 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Standard vs. Advanced Mixer
1. I think gyro is on either channel 5 or channel 7, depending on if you have it set to 6 channel or 8 channel? About 85% seems to be the consensus, but remember deviation works with values from -100 to +100, so a 0-100 value needs to be converted; 85% = +70

2. I've read of a mod of the super cp to remove a resistor that's part of the LVC (low voltage cutoff) circuit, apparently it's poorly set and cuts in too early, removing the resistor bypasses the LVC so you retain the ability to fly with slightly worn batteries but lose any "safety", so don't push it too far. I've yet to try it, I really do need to as I figure there's nothing to lose as my super cp is currently useless.
There was mention of a similar mod for the mini cp, but less info was available.
mod on rcgroups

3. Don't have any racing quads, but I believe most settings are done in the flight controller, so just setting your TX to be a straight 4ch (or more) output with normal +/- 100 outputs should be a good starting point?
Don't have an inductrix, but should bind fine. I do have one spektrum dsmx receiver and that works fine with deviation.

More
17 Feb 2017 12:19 #59229 by Spyder22
Replied by Spyder22 on topic Standard vs. Advanced Mixer
Regarding the Mixer issue, how exactly do you set up the gyro in the advanced mixer? I understand that it is on channel 7, but I am confused on how to set it up. Also, is there really no way to change the mixer in the standard menu?

More
17 Feb 2017 12:59 #59230 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Standard vs. Advanced Mixer
You can set the gyro channel value with the fixed function and adjusting the scale.
If you want to change it with a switch, use the DR&Expo template for the different scale values...

More
17 Feb 2017 14:20 #59231 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Standard vs. Advanced Mixer
5.0.0 has been released (also applies to Vlad's 5.0 test builds): www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-disc...eased?start=60#53953

Time to create page: 0.030 seconds