Low Battery problem

More
18 Feb 2017 13:20 - 18 Feb 2017 13:25 #59281 by luenma
Low Battery problem was created by luenma
Hi,

I have had one problem with my Devo 8 when I was flying one QR X350 PRO.Suddenly appeared the message "Low Battery" in the screen of Devo 8 as you can see in the attached photo. It was not possible to confirm "Ok" in the screen. I turned off and on again and the message was there. I think the rechargeable batteries were with low voltage. Anyhow I changed to new batteries (non-rechargeable) and when I turned on the radio the screen showed the same message of low battery. Then I connected the radio to the PC and loaded the original files (datalog.bin, errors, hardware, tx and UPDATING.md) and then the radio worked again without that message. The voltage showed with the new battery was 5.67 V. I tried again to fly the QR X350 PRO and after few minutes the same problem happened again, it appeared the message "Low Battery" and not way to unlock that situation. The only way has been to connect again the radio to the PC and charge again the original files (datalog.bin, errors, hardware, tx and UPDATING.md). i was checking those files and the one which gave that problem is the file "tx". I attach that file here.

Now I am worried to fly again without knowing the reason for that error.

Any idea?

QR X350 PRO has the receiver DEVO RX705 with telemetry. In the radio I have the latest firmware 5.0.0 and I have telemetry on.

Thanks and regards
Attachments:
Last edit: 18 Feb 2017 13:25 by luenma.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Feb 2017 13:51 #59322 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Low Battery problem
What is the exact version of the firmware you are using (it is the last part of the file name)? The tx.ini attached has all of the variables set to extremely high values which seems pretty wrong! The file data is being corrupted for some reason.

When you reloaded Deviation did you format the USB drive? If not, include that next time...it may not be the problem, but it is easy to rule out. I would suggest reloading Deviation entirely: flash the DFU, format the USB and copy the file system.

Out of curiosity, have you tried another model? If you don't have another quad to try, I suggest starting a new model from the template with just the basics. It's usually best to test it without the props on your quad.

Le us know what you find.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
19 Feb 2017 16:19 #59325 by luenma
Replied by luenma on topic Low Battery problem
I have installed deviation-devo8-v5.0.0.dfu

Yes, the tx.ini is corrupted. The only way to run the radio is by changing that file with the original one.

I have been using this firmware some months ago with plane, helicopters and this quad without any problem. I think the main reason for this problem has been the real low battery. But later on even the battery is good the problem appears again.

Yes, my intention is to reload deviation entirely as you say.

Thanks.

More
25 Feb 2017 12:03 - 25 Feb 2017 12:04 #59609 by luenma
Replied by luenma on topic Low Battery problem
Today I have had the same Low Battery problem flying the same drone. I have not checked other models at the moment.
I have tried to unlock the Low Battery screen and the only button which answered was ENT button. When I pushed ENT button (starting from Low Battery screen) I saw one screen showing the model 182 !!!! (I only have 30 models) and showing voltage 5.08V in red color as you can see in the attached photo. But after that no other button answers and if I touch the screen no answer either.
The only way to unlock the radio is install again the original files as I said last week.
After unlock the radio by connecting the computer I see in the screen the same voltage 5V but now in green color ad everything is running well again.
But I am very worried because I don't understand the origin of this Low Battery problem. Is it one problem with this firmware? Is it one problem in my drone due to telemetry?...
Attachments:
Last edit: 25 Feb 2017 12:04 by luenma.

Time to create page: 0.030 seconds