Hubsan dead channel?

More
19 Feb 2017 15:24 #59323 by dazmatic
Hubsan dead channel? was created by dazmatic
Hi all!

I've finally gotten round to buying a Devo 7E of which I'm finding it a superb budget controller!

I've upgraded it with the 3x2 switches and the A7105 500m module, all of which seem to be working perfectly.

The issue I'm having is with a hubsan h107l board with bradwii firmware. The drone will bind to the original controller and let me use all available channels and will fly quite nicely. However, when using the 7E, it'll bind no issue but I can't get any response from the Aileron CH2 channel. throttle works, yaw works, pitch works but roll doesn't work.

If I take off, it'll simply flip over to it's left and that'll be the end of it. I had some luck once fiddling with the channel mixers and calibration of the sticks but even then, it'll only roll to the right and not to the left and I can't remember what I did to get that far!

Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Feb 2017 20:20 #59332 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Hubsan dead channel?
Try reversing the aileron channel.

I generally suggest you test the prop direction with the props off, but in the case of an aileron problem it is a question of rotation speed, not direction. Arm then bring up the speed very slowly, then hold the stick to the left, which should spin the right front and back props faster. If the left props are faster, reversing the channel should fix that.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
19 Feb 2017 20:47 #59335 by dazmatic
Replied by dazmatic on topic Hubsan dead channel?
The channel isn't working at all, there's no response so reversing the channel shouldn't make any difference? I'll try it nonetheless

More
19 Feb 2017 21:12 #59337 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Hubsan dead channel?
Does it work on the channel monitor?

More
19 Feb 2017 21:12 #59338 by dazmatic
No such luck. Tried reversing the channel and it didn't work. Also tried changing the source for the aileron to the elevator and vise versa and it would now roll but not pitch so it seems the aileron channel isn't being utilised in the controller.
. If I check the channel status, the stick input changes the ch1 in the list so it is working, just isn't being sent to the hubsan.

More
19 Feb 2017 21:21 #59339 by dazmatic
Yeah, it works on the channel monitor.

More
20 Feb 2017 02:44 #59350 by Deal57
Can you post the ini file you are using? If it shows movement in the channel monitor, maybe something is being done to the mixer outputs.

More
24 Feb 2017 18:23 #59573 by dazmatic
Doesn't matter what ini file I'm using. Even if I start from scratch on a fresh model with the default protocol settings, still no roll channel. Pitch yaw and throttle work fine.

More
24 Feb 2017 21:21 #59582 by dazmatic
Doesnt matter what I set the source to in the mixers, it still doesn't output the aileron channel

More
25 Feb 2017 00:51 #59591 by Deal57
Please post the first ini you were using. I know you haven't been successful with a new one, but it's entirely possible someone might see something you have overlooked. Don't take this wrong; the ini file *may* provide someone else with a different perspective to help solve your problem. And while unlikely, there could bug we have overlooked in the testing.

In summary, you ARE able to fly the Hubsan with BradWii firmware with the stock controller. However when you attempt to fly it with the Devo 7e the craft rolls over to the left when you apply power to the rotors. In addition to the original ini file you used (which is the one I would ask you to post), you have attempted to create a new model from scratch. The new model displays the same symptoms as the first. You moved the AIL channel from 1 to 2 and then the pitch didn't work, so we know it's not the motors or other physical parts. Am I correct so far?

You stated that the Channel Monitor showed that the stick input was there, however to my reading it is not clear if that was the Input Monitor screen or the Channel Monitor or both.... with your ini I may be able to duplicate the issue.

I really appreciate your patience... sometimes these things can be complicated.

More
25 Feb 2017 19:00 #59625 by dazmatic
No need.

FIXED! turns out, even if the channels beyond channel 4 aren't used or setup, the aux1 low is enabled by default which appears as channel 5.

I had setup in the bradwii firmware for the pid auto tune to be on aux 1, low, which was originally the led on/off channel.

I cancelled the auto tune in the firmware, loaded it up, bound, works a treat although the trims are miles off but I think that's firmware rather than transmitter.

So I swapped the auto tune for arm instead and set it up on on fhold.

I'll have another play and see if there's a channel 6 in the bradwii as there's supposed to be.

More
26 Feb 2017 01:42 #59631 by Deal57
Good to hear!

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds