Anyone in GB willing to fit and set up a 4in1?

More
20 Feb 2017 16:09 #59375 by aritchie71
Hey guys, i am just wondering if there is anyone here in GB who would be happy to fit and set up a 4in1 module into my Devo 10?
I am not the worlds best at soldering and i just know that i would probably end up wrecking my Tx if i try and do it myself lol!

Regards,

Andy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Feb 2017 23:50 #59423 by robocog
Where abouts in the UK are you?
If you are down south I'd be willing to assist
Regards
Rob

More
22 Feb 2017 02:04 #59436 by aritchie71
Replied by aritchie71 on topic Anyone in GB willing to fit and set up a 4in1?
Hi Rob, I am in the North East of Scotland but I am willing to post and obviously pay for your time etc. I would love to have this done, even better if I can get someone to program the damn thing for a 650 size quad with retracts and an APM2.6 LOL!!

Regards,

Andy.

More
22 Feb 2017 19:40 #59478 by robocog
All the quads I can think of have a very simple setup on the TX because the flight controller handles all the complex stuff
(flight controller managed toys only require simple and dumb TX's in reality)

The TX does nothing to the mixing

The only TX setup required for all the flight controllers I have ever used only require that the direction of stick movement is correct (using servo reverse if they are not) and that the minimum center and maximum stick positions give out 1000, 1500 and 2000 respectively - this is done by adjusting the min and max endpoints and subtrim in the mixer for each channel

Once set - there is nothing to adjust or tweak on the TX as the FC is designed to handle everything else
(eg any drift or trimming required when flying - should only be done on the FC, any deviation from this will confuse the FC massively as it will see any 'channel trim' as an input/instruction to change direction)
Even expo and rates etc are handled by the FC in most cases - so only requires a really basic TX setup

The Devo 10 requires very little in the way of soldering for a 4 in 1 (only 3 wires from memory - and they go to pads rather than the extra fine legs of the CPU)
My offer still stands, though I think finding an enthusiast locally and taking a bag of doughnuts and an open TX to them would have the job done quicker

Regards
Rob

More
22 Feb 2017 21:54 #59487 by aritchie71
Hey Rob, thanks so much for your help and input, I appreciate it, I have to do more reading, perhaps concentrate on one new thing at a time lol! I have a pal who is going to help me learn about the APM system and how to start using it and to help me with Mission Planner. I have always been jealous of how he has been able to do loads of cool stuff with his quad and never knew that he was using the same FC and software lol!!

Regards,

Andy.

More
22 Feb 2017 22:37 - 22 Feb 2017 23:04 #59488 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic Anyone in GB willing to fit and set up a 4in1?
i'm based in aberdeen (well pottertton to be exact) if your still looking for someone bud?
Last edit: 22 Feb 2017 23:04 by HappyHarry.

More
23 Feb 2017 08:30 #59504 by aritchie71

HappyHarry wrote: i'm based in aberdeen (well pottertton to be exact) if your still looking for someone bud?

Hey pal, that'd be good, I'm in Cruden Bay so not too far from you! I would love to meet up with you, you can never have too much help! If you'd like to get together just send me a private message with your number etc we can see about getting together sometime!
Cheers pal!

Regards,

Andy.

More
23 Feb 2017 10:18 #59510 by HappyHarry
hey andy I'm flat out for the next week/10 days but I'll shoot you a pm with my details after that and we can meet up sometime after that :)

cheers
phil

More
23 Feb 2017 11:30 #59513 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Anyone in GB willing to fit and set up a 4in1?

aritchie71 wrote: Cruden Bay

It's cool checking out places that pop up in these forums, looks like the dunes might be pretty good for slope soaring in an Easterly?:)

More
23 Feb 2017 14:13 #59524 by HappyHarry
it is, balmedie beach which is a little farther south lets you slope in all wind directions though the n/s slopes are smaller

More
23 Feb 2017 16:26 #59531 by aritchie71

HappyHarry wrote: it is, balmedie beach which is a little farther south lets you slope in all wind directions though the n/s slopes are smaller

Hey guys, yes it's a good area for flying although i must admit that i have never thought of going down there with a SS! I will have to see if i can dig out one of my gliders and if n ot then i will build a new one which could be a bit smaller wingspan so that it can go in the car easier lol!!
I look forward to meeting up with new folk, we can all learn so much from each other!!

Regards,

Andy.

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds