Devo 10 DSM2 or DSMX Range ?

More
01 Mar 2017 17:48 #59745 by lahiru4216
Devo 10 DSM2 or DSMX Range ? was created by lahiru4216
Anyone know the range of devo 10 on dsm2 or dsmx protocols ?

<<<<<<<<Fly Harder For More Fun>>>>>>>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2017 19:53 #59748 by ursus69
Replied by ursus69 on topic Devo 10 DSM2 or DSMX Range ?
I guess it depends on the receiver you use...

I use a OrangeRX R620X.... and have more than 300m...

More
02 Mar 2017 02:15 #59755 by Z-type
Replied by Z-type on topic Devo 10 DSM2 or DSMX Range ?
Yes it mostly depends on the receiver you use. I got 1,054 feet according to Google Maps, open field, poorly mounted DSM2 receiver on a quad about 50 feet in the air. I bet with my DSMX 'racing' receiver I could get a lot further.

I love my Devo 10.

More
02 Mar 2017 09:05 #59762 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Devo 10 DSM2 or DSMX Range ?
Yeah, the Rx and mounting have a lot to do with it. Spektrum says you should get 30 yards in range test mode with a full range Rx. That translates to about a kilometer in operation. But that's best case. Using reverse engineered code on either end (Deviation Tx, Orange Rx or Lemon Rx or the other HK stuff) probably loose some range. Likewise, a park flyer Rx (as is found in most quads) will see significantly less range.

When in doubt, test! 5.0 has a range test function. if your model uses 100mW, you should get 30x the test mode range under normal operations. Going to 150mW isn't recommended, as it sucks power for not as much extra range as one would expect, but you can use it for extra range.

And of course, you should always test a new model, at a new airfield, after modifying anything or after doing crash repairs. It's not just the possibility of a crash you're avoiding, but an out of control aircraft represents a safety hazard. In the USA, such testing is also part of the AMA safety rules, and flying according to those means you're not in violation of the FAA regulations even if you're ignoring their guidelines.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
07 Mar 2017 06:47 #59942 by lahiru4216
Replied by lahiru4216 on topic Devo 10 DSM2 or DSMX Range ?
Thanks for all replies.

<<<<<<<<Fly Harder For More Fun>>>>>>>

Time to create page: 0.032 seconds