Oopsie. Did I brick my Devo 7e?

More
07 Mar 2017 06:47 #59941 by vuduchyld
Oopsie. Did I brick my Devo 7e? was created by vuduchyld
Tonight, I tried to install the NRFl2401 module in my 7e (Deviation 5.0.0).

I'm not the best solderer. Thought I had it relatively cleaned up, though. But when I turned it on, it said I was missing the CYRF6936 module.

OK...Well, maybe I jumped a couple of legs of that sucker. I don't know. I pulled it back apart and I removed the soldered-in NRFl2401 module. Figured I'd just punt back to what I had.

Now, I can't get it to turn on at all. Did I maybe fry something in there? I've quadruple-checked the batteries and the connection to the cradle. Also quadruple-checked the two plug-ins where the back plugs to the front. Nothing.

Does that sound like it's fried? I would have thought I might still be missing the module if I jumpered a couple of legs, but I'm not sure how I completely fried the display.

Thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2017 08:37 #59944 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Oopsie. Did I brick my Devo 7e?
Could be, but the things really are pretty robust. Try unplugging the battery for about 15 minutes, then boot it in upgrade mode (hold down the Ext button). If it comes up in upgrade mode, upgrade it - you managed to fry the firmware.

That's solved every such problem I've had, so that's where my help stops. If it doesn't work, post photos of the board showing your work so the hardware guys can check for fried components.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
07 Mar 2017 17:12 #59973 by vuduchyld
Replied by vuduchyld on topic Oopsie. Did I brick my Devo 7e?
Thanks for the suggestion!

No dice, though. I think it's a brick. No more soldering for me.

More
07 Mar 2017 23:48 #59985 by Chimera
Replied by Chimera on topic Oopsie. Did I brick my Devo 7e?
Nooooo! Try leaving the battery out for a couple of hours, when first flashing to Deviation I switched it off and on too rapidly and the Devo did exactly what yours is doing, just wouldn't power up. Letting it rest with no battery for a few hours cleared up the issue, still not sure what it was. Don't give up.

Time to create page: 0.032 seconds