Battery charge level display

More
05 Apr 2017 00:00 #61193 by Wanderer777
Battery charge level display was created by Wanderer777
The ability to customize the start screen (model screen or whatever it is called) is an outstanding feature which I really like.

However, I find the battery display widget a little bit disappointing (using Deviation 5.0 / Devo 10). It only displays the current battery voltage - but a percentage value (or a progress bar display) would come quite handy.

Is there any way to add such a percentage widget to display the battery charge level?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Apr 2017 04:41 #61196 by Arakon
Replied by Arakon on topic Battery charge level display
Percentage is somewhat pointless.. i.e. fully charged rechargable batteries will have a much lower voltage than new, non-rechargable ones (1.2v vs 1.5v nominal), and would display a lower percentage value. It's also much safer to see the actual voltage and know if your transmitter is going to last a while longer or not.

More
05 Apr 2017 11:42 #61202 by Wanderer777
Replied by Wanderer777 on topic Battery charge level display
Even the original Devo 10 firmware was able to correctly display the charge of my Lipo (in percentage bars), so I doubt this would be a problem.

The user could also enter a top and bottom value (highest voltage, low voltage) that Deviation could use to calculate the percentage display then.

This would be easy.

Time to create page: 0.030 seconds