devo 10 reconnect after power off - power on

More
08 Apr 2017 22:58 #61282 by dksoft
Hello.
I did a test today with Walkera Furious 320g and Devo 10. During the GPS mode flight, i powered off Devo 10 to see what will happen, because i programmed my drone to Return To Home. After 5s timeout, drone initiated RTH and landed successfully. During RTH, i powered-on Devo and tried to re-gain an access to the drone, but with no luck: Walkera beeped all the time (the same behaviour when you poweroff Devo before swithing off drone.
Do anybody know if it is possible to re-establish a connection without power cycling drone?
Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2017 04:07 #61297 by mwm
That will really depend more on the drone than the transmitter. What does it do after losing the connection? If it starts looking for a connection, then yes, you can. If you haven't set a fixed ID on the model and bound the 320g, then you might try doing so. If you haven't done that, then it would connect with anything that looks like a transmitter, and doing that midflight sounds like a bad idea to me.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
09 Apr 2017 11:45 #61304 by dksoft
Hi mwm, so basically setting a fixed ID should resolve the problem, right? Will try that.
Thanks

More
10 Apr 2017 08:19 #61331 by mwm
Well, that might fix it. I don't know that Rx and haven't tried a reconnect with any of the Walkera Rx's, but I'd be really unhappy to find out that they reconnected without being bound.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
10 Apr 2017 19:43 #61360 by dksoft
Tested yesterday and Fixed ID works fine. The RC connects immediately after the power cycle.
Thank you!

Time to create page: 0.029 seconds