setting channel endpoints / range

More
30 Apr 2017 10:06 #61866 by flyngobanana
setting channel endpoints / range was created by flyngobanana
Hello,
I had to flash the new firmware on the SP RACING F3 evo brushed DSM2 of my Fatbee FB90,
Previously I had some hard times trying to assign and set switches for ARM and FMOD using complex in the mixers; it works but I was not satisfied.
So I decided to assign a different switch for arming and also to use Expo&DR in the mixer instead of Complex for both ARM and FMOD, it works fine.

I'd like to set endpoints and range of every channel to 1000 and 2000 but I can't increase more than 1852. It's fine to go below 1000 using scale and subtrim in the DEVO but I can't increase more than 1852. I don't know which setting to change in CleanFlight or in the DEVO.

I also installed a buzzer some times ago, it was beeping when the board was unarmed, pretty useful when crashed flying fpv to find the quad. The buzzer sounds while arming or changing flight mod,etc... but no more when unarmed, I have to switch off the transmitter to make it sounds. Which command do I need to enter into the CLI tab to make it sounds when unarmed?

Last thing, my board is DSM2. Banggood says it's 6 channels but the mixer tab into the DEVO shows 7 channels. I tried to assign a switch to this channel 7 without result and no switch reacts when toggling in CleanFlight.

Thanks for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Apr 2017 15:43 #61874 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic setting channel endpoints / range
Take a look at this and the referenced threads.

www.deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-que...sm2-not-bindin#61682

Happy flying!

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
30 Apr 2017 17:52 #61879 by flyngobanana
Replied by flyngobanana on topic setting channel endpoints / range
All fixed, thank you.

More
08 May 2017 03:23 #62131 by BootNinja
Replied by BootNinja on topic setting channel endpoints / range

Last thing, my board is DSM2. Banggood says it's 6 channels but the mixer tab into the DEVO shows 7 channels. I tried to assign a switch to this channel 7 without result and no switch reacts when toggling in CleanFlight.

I just spent several hours banging my head against this very thing. I'm running a makerfire f3 evo which the crazepony product page insisted was a 7 channel reciever. after much trial and error I found out that it only registers 6 channels as dsm2, but binding as dsmx it recognized the 7th channel in betaflight. I then had to update my devo 7e to the latest nightly build in order to fix an input lag issue and now i'm golden.

I don't know if that will help you, but I hope it does.

More
08 May 2017 14:09 #62151 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic setting channel endpoints / range
The DSM protocols go through some kind of weirdness at between 7 and 8 channels. There are Rx's that are either from Spectrum or licensed by them that deviation has issues talking to, meaning our DSM is buggy. The OrangeRx transmitters have similar problems, and IIUC some of them won't even talk to some of the OrangeRx Rx's across that boundary.

So chances are this is an issue with our reverse engineered DSM implementation and the Makerfire reverse engineered DSM implementation dealing with that oddness in different ways. Spectrum created DSM so - unless all the people reverse engineering it sit down and write up a standard - their implementation is the standard. So I'd suspect the problem is Deviation because of that long-standing bug documented in our manual. But I wouldn't be certain of it.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds