Throttle trim as airmode switch -- Solved

More
07 May 2017 19:22 - 08 May 2017 03:12 #62113 by BootNinja
So i'm absolutely loving my devo 7e, but i'm starting to run into the limitations of not having enough switches to do what i want to do.

I'm using the 5.0 release on my Devo 7e with a makerfire f3 evo tinywhoop quadcopter. It's bound properly and works like a charm.

I currently have hold set to my arm switch and fmod set to toggle between horizon and acro modes. Everything works great.

I want to set up another switch to toggle airmode on/off, and I thought I'd try and use the throttle trim for this purpose.

I read the manual on setting up virtual switches on trim, and everything seems to be working in the tx itself. when I go to channel monitor pressing the throttle trim+ will toggle channel 7 between 100 and -100.

however, i'm not seeing any change on any channel in betaflight, so I can't set air mode with it.

Looking through my mixer settings, I am noticing that next to the channel name, and mixer type there is a switch name listed that controls that switch, eg. for channel 5 hold0, and for channel 6 fmod0.

however, I don't see this for channel 7, and I can't go into the mixer settings of channel 7 and set a source. when I select the src spinner box and hit the +/- buttons nothing changes at all.

****UPDATE ****

ok, so I finally got it to work by rebinding the fc in dsmx mode instead of dsm2. unfortunately, now my quad has about a 2 second input lag between when i flip a switch or push a stick and when the quad gets the signal and responds. the lag is in betaflight and when I try to fly. so I guess this is solved. kinda...

****2nd UPDATE****

I updated to the 5/7/17 nightly build on my devo, and input lag is now gone in dsmx mode. and my throttle trim still sends on channel 7 to betaflight, so after about 8 hours of work, I finally have airmode on its own switch.
I'm going to leave this post here in case anybody else runs into this problem later.
Last edit: 08 May 2017 03:12 by BootNinja. Reason: added final update and marked solved.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 May 2017 05:04 #62537 by Boone
Replied by Boone on topic Throttle trim as airmode switch -- Solved
Thanks for this! I was having the same lag trouble when I used dsmx instead of dsm2. Upgrading from release 5.0.0 to latest from github solved it for me as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds