trouble with x4r-sb

More
15 May 2017 02:29 #62311 by Daltron2000
trouble with x4r-sb was created by Daltron2000
I'm having trouble with my receiver on my first build. The rx is a frsky x4r-sb wired through sbus to a betaflight f3 board. I have it wired into the sbus row of pads (gnd, 5v, sbus) and the solder bridge appropriately configured. I have successfully bound the rx to my devo 10 with deviationtx. However, I am not seeing any input in the receiver tab of the betaflight configurator. Can anyone help me?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 May 2017 08:41 #62314 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic trouble with x4r-sb
You have to setup serial rx in ports, also select Serial Rx and Sbus. In deviation Tx please set the channels to 8, for fastest transmission.
X4R frsky + Betaflight, and deviation is a succefull combination.

Otherwise there are many videos and instructions on connecting Frsky sbus to you're flight controller. Using Deviation TX (instead taranis) makes no difference to that.

More
16 May 2017 02:02 #62337 by Daltron2000
Replied by Daltron2000 on topic trouble with x4r-sb
I have UART2 set to serial RX and the config tab set up with serial and sbus.

imgur.com/ohCHQvi

imgur.com/8FxEEm0

imgur.com/1ugggvE

The only thing I can think of is that maybe I lifted the pad when I depinned the rx. I thought I was pretty gentle but I suppose its still possible. I did try soldering the yellow line to the rear pad of the 0ohm resister that is the next point the that circuit but it didn't work either so I moved it back.

Unless I am missing a setting on the TX or in betaflight I'm not sure what else to try other than buying a new receiver

More
16 May 2017 11:49 - 16 May 2017 11:51 #62350 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic trouble with x4r-sb
Mmm yes software config that should be fine.

But take care that most flight controllers have a dedicated, inverted input sbus input pin for Sbus receiver. So not use just a normal Uart Rx pin. In some case the Rx input pin is with a solder bridge so it can accept or ppm or inverted sbus. (then you have to solder thhe jumper how you like to use that pin)

For a normal serial receiver protocol such as Flysky Ibus, this works direct to any uart pin and is not inverted.
In case you do not have inverted sbus input available on the flight controller, I believe there are ways to solder a wire onto your x4r and to tap the sbus non inverted so you can connect direct to any uart.

You could have a read on the web and check it out.
Last edit: 16 May 2017 11:51 by Fernandez.

More
17 May 2017 04:40 #62379 by Arakon
Replied by Arakon on topic trouble with x4r-sb
F3 based FCs always can invert all UARTs, it's a feature of the STM32F303 itself.

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds