Devo 7E - problem installing Deviation v5

More
22 Aug 2017 18:17 #63905 by nm06
Hello. I put this post in category "Stock firmware help" but that may have been the wrong forum area. I am very new to RC.

Have just bought Devo 7E and attempted to install deviation v5.0 using Java Uploader. I have a macbook OS Sierra 10.12.6.

I noticed the Firmware slot remained empty despite trying to browse and fill. The zip file location would only go in filesystem slot. The check boxes were ticked but only Library size had anything in it. All firmware info was empty as was Library Version.

It seemd to install and java completed. But when the TX was un-plugged from USB - switched off then back on - the screen showed a scrambled image (photo attached) and the TX gave a constant repetitive beep. That is how it now remains.

I thought about re-doing the walkera firmware but I understand that can only be done using windows DFU USB tool.

Can anybody help please?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2017 18:37 #63906 by Arakon
Replied by Arakon on topic Devo 7E - problem installing Deviation v5
Eh.. did you flash the .zip instead of unpacking the firmware and flashing the actual firmware file?

More
22 Aug 2017 20:47 #63908 by nm06
Thanks for reply ... it is appreciated.

I followed the instructions in the Deviation User Manual for 7E :

" Press the ‘…’ button and select the zip file for the firmware you will install. There is no need to unpack the zip file since the Deviation Uploader will handle that."

Do you think I should try to unzip the folder? If so how does it unpack the necessary files?

Thanks again
nm

More
23 Aug 2017 09:03 #63920 by Arakon
Replied by Arakon on topic Devo 7E - problem installing Deviation v5
Ah, sorry.. I wasn't aware that the java uploader is supposed to automatically unzip the file.
I'd still try to unpack the file manually (you need some sort of zip compatible tool for mac), then manually select the firmware .bin file and attempt to flash that.

More
23 Aug 2017 11:24 #63923 by mwm
What was the name of the zip file you tried to flash?

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
23 Aug 2017 14:52 #63925 by nm06
Thanks for interest.

It was named: deviation-devo7e-v5.0.0.zip

nm

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds