Walkera Devo 10 and custom, not Walkera receivers

More
24 Aug 2017 15:27 #63963 by dksoft
Hello folks.
I`m looking to build my first freestyle drone. Everything is clear for me except one thing: can i bind my Walkera Devo 10 (with native walkera firmware on it) with a third-party receivers (ex. FrSky X4R-SB "Naked"
* Banggood -  Banggood )? I`m still flying Walkera F210 and Rodeo 110, so it will be great to continue using Walkera Devo 10 with my new self-built drone.
Please advise!

(Note that i purchased this flight controller FlightControllerF4 V5PRO Flight Controller 5.8G 40CH 0/25/200/600mW Switchable FPV Transmitter w/ 5V BEC OSD PDB which is SBUS / PPM / DSMX compatible.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Aug 2017 12:24 #63976 by hexfet
The stock firmware only works with Walkera receivers. Replacing it with Deviation adds support for DSMX with no hardware changes. Support for FrSky, Flysky, and others requires adding hardware modules inside the tx.

More
25 Aug 2017 12:32 #63977 by dksoft
Thanks for the reply! By my understanding, after the firmware upgrade i have to re-create configs for models i have currently in Devo, right? Is there any way to backup-restore them?

More
26 Aug 2017 02:13 #63982 by mwm
You don't need to back them up, deviation won't overwrite them. They'll still be there if you reinstall the Walkera firmware.

Anticipating your next question - they won't work in deviation.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Time to create page: 0.029 seconds