Looking for a new "everything" transmitter

More
07 Sep 2017 02:09 #64256 by Tooloud74
I have poked around and seen a little regarding this but would love for someone to help me out. Send me some links. I want a transmitter for both land and air. I guess I could install a spring on the left stick to center it. But anyway, I love the idea
Of icons for my ground vehicles. This seems like the way to go. If I could be sent some links to help me pull the trigger on a new transmitter.thanks!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Sep 2017 06:11 #64266 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Looking for a new "everything" transmitter
AIr can be used for ground, just don't buy a ground-specific receiver as they use different protocols that I don't think anyone has reverse-engineered. But for the RTF toy cars (eg. WLToys) they typically use their own air protocols.

Devo will do the job, you can just program in a bit of deadband in the middle of the throttle stick to make the centering easier without having to install a spring. Or alternately get used to using the sprung stick (eg. right-hand stick on mode 2) to control both steering and throttle at the same time.

More
07 Sep 2017 07:55 - 07 Sep 2017 08:09 #64267 by MikefromGermany
Replied by MikefromGermany on topic Looking for a new "everything" transmitter
I'm no friend of using a stick TX for ground models, although it has a history and worked for decades.
So I have dedicated TXes for each purpose.

For RTF ground models I own a heavily modded GTX3 - with installed Goebish's Multi-Module and 8CH firmware.
Works like a charm for WL-Toys cars and boats, much better than the stock TXes delivered with them.

For car builds the Flysky FS-iT4S is hard to beat. Unfortunately I haven't discovered a way to connect the USB HID to the Goebish Module.

"Air toys" TXes I use: 4-in1 modded Devo12E and stock Taranis.

Most probably a Devo10 or Devo12E with 4-in-1 module would be your best all-inclusive-solution.
Last edit: 07 Sep 2017 08:09 by MikefromGermany.

More
07 Sep 2017 10:32 #64269 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Looking for a new "everything" transmitter
OT, but Mike have you got the WLToys L939? If so, any info on which protocol to use?

I grew up using stick TXs for cars, so was used to it; also a major influence on why I fly Mode 2. That said, after using a pistol TX for cars they do seem a bit more intuitive.

More
07 Sep 2017 15:18 #64275 by MikefromGermany
Replied by MikefromGermany on topic Looking for a new "everything" transmitter
Unfortunately I don't own a L939.

I had success with V202 protocol on P929

More
07 Sep 2017 16:25 #64279 by Tooloud74
Replied by Tooloud74 on topic Looking for a new "everything" transmitter
I did answer one of my own questions sry. I will try the emulator. I'm so glad to have found this site.

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds