again missing something obvious.

More
16 Sep 2017 22:54 #64446 by crash7X
again missing something obvious. was created by crash7X
I am finally getting to look at RSSI and VBAT using the FS-X6B receiver. Baby steps.

After some great number of trips between viewing the main page and using the model menu/main page configurator I see what I want.

These changes do not survive a power cycle. I did not see and cannot find an explicit "save all my work" button, but it is certainly acting as if I have failed to. i tried this with both transmitters I have access to.

Is there something I have to do to make changes to the main page configuration permanent? Poking around I did see (unsaved) after the model in the load list, I have seen this before and always just loaded some other model then (re) loaded the one I was working on. I think I read about what is going on in this case. However this does not solve my problem.

crash7X

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Sep 2017 23:26 #64447 by crash7X
Replied by crash7X on topic again missing something obvious.
OK, this is getting weird.

Since I have more luck with the text edit method, I tried messing with the *.ini file.

So - it is evidently remembering the "small box" additions, but the GUI reverts to <NONE>, even though the following lines are in the file:

Small-box=80,22,TelemRSSI
Small-box=80,12,AllCell

c7

More
17 Sep 2017 01:44 #64448 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic again missing something obvious.
Have you tried setting it up in an emulator session? You can get to the files without shutting down.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
17 Sep 2017 11:56 #64454 by crash7X
Well getting the emulator going was easier than I hoped.

In the emulator AND real life, added boxes with elements like timers seem to stick.

In real life I can make and see preserved changes to telemetry elements in added boxes if the model uses BAYANG protocol.

In the emulator, BAYANG has no telemetry switch in the model setup section, so I cannot see the behaviour. Is there a protocol using telemetry that can be selected? I looked at a number, all said "telemetry not available", does this just mean the protocol I tested is w/o telemetry or that is doesn't function at all in the emulator?

In real life I can see changes to telemetry elements in added boxes, but they revert to <NONE> with a power cycle. My model uses the AFHDS-2A protocol.

So: I haven't yet tested the actual exact problem in the emulator, and the giant finger seems to be pointing at a difference between BAYANG and AFHDS-2A. BAYANG works fine for me, AFHDS-2A forgets changes to main page config settings for telemetry elements, even though they are in the model.ini file - they must be re-entered at the next power up.

I am wanting this feature so much that for now I will just "refresh" them when I turn on my transmitter, but of course I'd rather no have to!

crash7x

More
17 Sep 2017 15:59 #64458 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic again missing something obvious.
Can you post the file names of the builds you are using? Can you post the model.ini you are working with?

Also, do the hardware.ini and tx.ini files for the emulator match the ones you are using on your tx?

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
17 Sep 2017 17:08 #64462 by crash7X
Thank you for your interest and suggestions.

The devo10 has something version labeled "unknown" and comes from devo10_telemetry.zip dated (downloaded?) 26 NOV 2016. I can't be sure but I think this was for an H8 toy.

Since I cannot see telemetry w/ the emulator on AFHDS-2A it is of no use just now.

I think I must revisit this matter carefully after switching up to newer builds of deviation.

crash7X

More
18 Sep 2017 13:02 #64479 by crash7X
Upgrading to a nightly build has eliminated the problem.

Now I am back to my normal level of competence/confusion.

=> Nice to discover/get into the emulator, so silver lining. THX

crash7X

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds