WL V930 with Jumper T8SG plus v2

More
19 Aug 2018 04:01 #70339 by ksaves2
WL V930 with Jumper T8SG plus v2 was created by ksaves2
Hi,

Used the .ini file referenced here for the v930: www.deviationtx.com/forum/model-configs/...6-flight-modes#25529

Am a Stupidhead nitro wimp neophyte from the '90's who got in over his head with the Jumper T8SG Plus with the Hall effect gimbals. (But gosh is it nice.)

Been sitting on it for over a month and decided to "risk" a fixed pitch v930 on it with the .ini file referenced above.

Oh--My--Goodness what a very smooth tranny the Jumper T8SG Plus v2 is! I had to hold right and aft cyclic but OMG I was able to semi whip it around my back yard without issue. Not crazy forward flight but every move I made I was confident.

My problem and question is with the .ini file above it seems like my batteries fade after two to three minutes. Not cool.
Really weird.

Now, I know the v930 stock tranny sucks! Yeah it really sucks. Sucks so bad it needs to be tossed into the garbage.
I bought an extra $26.00 WL tranny that works O.K. but with a little up/down throttle chasing.

I put the above .ini into my Jumper T8SG Plus v2 and oh my goodness, even though the file was old, I was able to fly it with great precision. After 2 to 3 minutes my 520mah batteries start to fade and the heli becomes a ground effects demonstrator. Weird!

Now I know you're going to say it's the stupid 520 mah GOO batteries I use but when the v930 goes to ground effects mode, I can pull out the WL Toys tranny pair it and run the pack down to 3.75V with no issue for several more minutes and fly around out of
ground effect without a problem.

Anyone know of the flag I need to change on the Jumper T8SG Plus v2 tranny v930.ini to allow me to drain the battery a bit lower and maintain full power? In its' current situation, the battery isn't even warm when the heli goes into ground effects mode.
Even if I remedy this, I'm going to save the old file as I can whip the 930 all around the floor in my basement and when it gets into forward flight, with the throttle full open, it gradually climbs. Whip it around and it gradually descends. Really, really neat demonstration of ground effect!

Thanks loads,
Kurt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Aug 2018 03:14 #70402 by ksaves2
Replied by ksaves2 on topic WL V930 with Jumper T8SG plus v2
Anyone?

I tried increasing channel 1 "throttle" to -150 and +150 and still no joy. Got
2.5 minutes off the Goo pack. Paired a WL transmitter for a V977 after the 2.5 minute run and it flies for another 5 minutes. Motor actually seems to run faster on the WL tranny but the Jumper T8SG Plus v2 has much better precision on the throttle. I can't figure out the throttle settings in the .ini file. Man this stuff is looking very foreign to me. For the time the motor runs on the V930 on the Jumper transmitter it is really easy for a neophyte to control it with precision. I find it akin to a collective heli as far as being able to hold altitude without up and down wandering. If I could just figure out the settings to allow the Jumper to "run the pack down". The WL tranny works from beginning to end but again it's not as precise. (Not the stock piece 'o s--- that comes with the V930 but the
same transmitter that comes with a V977) Kurt

More
24 Aug 2018 08:35 - 24 Aug 2018 08:35 #70426 by Dashu
Replied by Dashu on topic WL V930 with Jumper T8SG plus v2
I can't access the ini file on the other topic, have no idea why, i just get "the requested content can not be loaded".

I'm not familiar with v930, but i did a bit or research on google it seems it uses the futaba protocol. You could check the mix on channel 3 (not ch1 like you did). AFAIK Futaba has the AETR channel mapping.
Last edit: 24 Aug 2018 08:35 by Dashu.

More
24 Aug 2018 11:04 #70428 by Gerry
Replied by Gerry on topic WL V930 with Jumper T8SG plus v2
Is there a throttle calibration procedure for the v930 esc like with other esc's?
Turn on Tx
Set throttle to max
plug in heli
wait for tones
reduce throttle to min
wait for tones
fly

Devo 7e A7105 NRF24L01 CC2500 2x3 way & voice, Devo 12e 4 in 1 & voice.
FFS (Forever Fixing Stuff)

Time to create page: 0.032 seconds