frsky fail safe not working

More
20 Aug 2018 07:10 #70352 by magic_marty
frsky fail safe not working was created by magic_marty
Hey all i am trying to get failsafe working on a pixhawk using a frsky r-sxr receiver via sbus...when i turn off the tx all the channels hold and what i need it to do is drop the throttle and i can't figure out how to achieve this..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Aug 2018 10:17 #70354 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic frsky fail safe not working
Are you sure? Please set failsave type in frsky protocol options.
Failsafe setting value in model setup for each channel.

I would love to have a button press failsafe in deviation to set all current sticks and swiches a failsafe but there isn't

More
20 Aug 2018 16:56 #70358 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic frsky fail safe not working
Which option should i use? RX ?
Then i just lower or raise the Failsafe value in the channel settings?
I tried that already but it didn't seem to work is there something i need to do after changing the setting like rebind ect...?

More
20 Aug 2018 17:10 #70359 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic frsky fail safe not working
If a value is set in the channel fail-safe, that value will be used. If the channel fail-safe is set to off, then the protocol option determines the failsafe behavior for the channel.

Failsafe values are sent to the receiver every 9 seconds so it will take at least that long to see a change in failsafe behavior at the receiver outputs. Maybe wait 20 seconds after making a change before testing - not sure if there's any delay in the receiver before new failsafe values are used.

More
20 Aug 2018 17:14 #70360 by magic_marty
I used that option with some Devo receivers and it worked well i was having the same problem with them hooked to APM flight controllers..I will give it a try and report back my findings...
Thanks

More
20 Aug 2018 17:30 #70362 by magic_marty
i set ch5 which is my flight mode channel to 125 which is RTL in the mixer and it does nothing when switching off the tx..i waited about a minute or 2 before testing...Weird thing is if i sweitch the rx from Sbus to PPM it works as it should...But i need sbus to work cause i don't get enuf channels in PPM mode

More
21 Aug 2018 00:59 #70364 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic frsky fail safe not working
Just tested with an XSR receiver and saw the expected result on both SBUS and CPPM outputs. Set the throttle channel fail safe to -100. When tx turned off the throttle channel went to the minimum value while other channels held at last value (protocol option set to HOLD).

If you're seeing the expected result with cppm but not sbus, something is different about the r-xsr receiver.

More
21 Aug 2018 01:25 #70365 by magic_marty
Not seeing the same results on the tx but when connected to mission planner the pixhawk goes to RTL using ppm and does nothing with sbus when I switch off the tx

More
21 Aug 2018 01:28 #70366 by magic_marty
I'll try it exactly like u did tonight after I get home and see what results I get ..

More
21 Aug 2018 04:58 #70367 by magic_marty
still the same results it works in PPM but not in sbus the channels just all hold
so im going to try updating to the latest nightly build see if it resolves the issue..
Another thing the tx is doing is not saving my main page config when i power cycle it.. it removes the model box and leaves everything else also i lost the quick button access to the telemetry monitor on the model file i am using but it works on other models..

More
21 Aug 2018 08:16 #70368 by magic_marty
So my findings are that setting the failsafe in the tx works on PPM but not of Sbus ...But i do believe it is working on the pixhawk,if i arm in stabilize mode and throttle up then pitch forward to simulate flight then switch off my tx it shows on Mission planner failsafe and switches to RTL...Will do some flight testing to verify soon as i get a chance...

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds