Jumper T8sg v1 PPM out for external Module

More
10 Sep 2018 19:02 #70778 by luconedj
Hi all',
I've looked into the forum but i was unable to find any info about It.
My t8sg v1 unfortunately have the crystal/frequency shift issue and I can't bind my jjrc H36:( :( with E010 subprotocol. I would like to build an external NRF24 L01 multi protocol module based on this project github.com/goebish/nrf24_multipro and use the PPM out on trainer port. Do you have any experience on this specific work around? Where can I find the PPM out spec like Voltage and so on?
Any suggestion is really appreciated!
Thanks,
Luca.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Sep 2018 09:21 #70788 by luconedj
Replied by luconedj on topic Jumper T8sg v1 PPM out for external Module
Hi all,
is it maybe a stupid idea/question? :silly:
Thanks!
Luca

More
15 Oct 2018 08:08 #71349 by seuchato
Replied by seuchato on topic Jumper T8sg v1 PPM out for external Module
Luca

I don't think it is a stupid or a question too simple. I am struggling linking two t8sg v1 together for student teaching, see my problem description here: linking-two-jumper-t8sg-together .

I could not find a reference that someone actually has gotten either an external PPM based module or buddybox stuff to work.

Could it be that ppm in/out is not really or not correctly implemented?

Tomorrow I will be able to borrow an oscilloscope, to some measurement and report back either here or in the rcgroups thread.

Greez
chris

More
15 Oct 2018 10:37 #71351 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Jumper T8sg v1 PPM out for external Module
You can also just add an additional separate nrf module,disconnect the Chip Select from the multimodule for the NRF, all other SPI lines in parallel.

Not sure if someone done, it but maybe you could even try to swap the x-tal with X-tal from working NRF module?

More
15 Oct 2018 11:58 #71354 by seuchato
Replied by seuchato on topic Jumper T8sg v1 PPM out for external Module
Fernandez
I guess this requires soldering. The beauty of using ppm from the dsc port is that there will be no soldering required. Not that I am afraid of doing any soldering, but I guess the problem is broader than just my own issue.

If it is somewhere in the source code, I might be able to solve that, but would need some basic intro/support to get into the software package.

In my case, I wanted to give the two t8sg away as a present. Support for buddybox trainer is paramount, else I have to find another solution.

greez
chris

More
17 Oct 2018 15:04 #71423 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Jumper T8sg v1 PPM out for external Module

seuchato wrote: I don't think it is a stupid or a question too simple. I am struggling linking two t8sg v1 together for student teaching, see my problem description here: linking-two-jumper-t8sg-together .

At the link it says the delta PW for PPM In is 100. Should be 400. Is that a typo or was the value changed?

PPM does work well. Your setup sounds right except for the above.

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds