Emulator for testing telemetry

More
08 Jan 2019 15:29 - 08 Jan 2019 15:32 #72236 by MikeNH
Emulator for testing telemetry was created by MikeNH
Devo7e with 4in1 module. The emulator displays this as telemetry:

It appears that these values, which are constantly changing, are hard-coded. How can the emulator be used to configure accurate telemetry to the FrskyX receiver?

Thanks
Attachments:
Last edit: 08 Jan 2019 15:32 by MikeNH. Reason: Corrected the jpg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2019 16:15 #72237 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Emulator for testing telemetry
Yes, the values are hard-coded and intended just for testing. They can be changed in the source code.

What are you trying to accomplish? (What do you mean by "configure accurate telemetry"?)

More
08 Jan 2019 20:48 #72241 by MikeNH
Replied by MikeNH on topic Emulator for testing telemetry
I seem to be able to stumble onto fairly accurate RSSI but the Volt1 reading provides what appears to be the voltage of one cell. I don't want to take your time until I've had the opportunity to do research. In the telemetry configuration screen (Devo7e) there are voltage values that can be changed using the R+ and R- tx buttons. It appears that once the voltage has been selected, Hitting the ENT now brings up the opportunity to select the number of cells with that voltage.

In any case, I first need to know how to configure the flight controller & receiver.

I appreciate your time and the response.

Mike

More
08 Jan 2019 21:31 #72242 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Emulator for testing telemetry
Yes the user manual in the left column will help. Check the FrskyX telemetry section and the Telemetry test page.

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds