Two jumpers, different behaviors.

More
04 Feb 2020 01:09 #75878 by fmurray
Two jumpers, different behaviors. was created by fmurray
I've got 2 Jumper T8SG V2 Plus controllers (grandson and I fly together) that should basically be twins except the colors of the cases. Lemon-RX had a sale on Stabilizer Plus receivers so I bought several. They all work fine with the 'carbon' controller but all have continuous small and occasional lengthy dropouts with the 'yellow' controller. The yellow controller works fine with some other receivers, including older Lemon-RX receivers.

All transmitter and model settings are the same as far as I can tell. The carbon controller is on deviation-t8sg_v2_plus-v5.0.0-abc5dcf firmware which I have not been able to find online, and is not in its file system (?).

The yellow controller was on deviation-t8sg_v2_plus-v5.0.0-28ce50f. Since, I changed to -e801244 but the dropouts remain.

Of course there could be a hardware issue with the yellow controller, but with it working solid with other receivers, I would like to verify it's not due to timing or something in the firmware.

I've googled without success. Where can I find the deviation-t8sg_v2_plus-v5.0.0-abc5dcf build which is working fine in my carbon controller? Is there a way to download it from the controller itself?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Feb 2020 04:31 #75879 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Two jumpers, different behaviors.
Do you try to use "OrangeRx" protocol option for DSM2/X protocol? Many third party receivers have the error in PN codes table, it's takes in account with "OrangeRx" option. Moreover, this error depends from transmitter ID and Fixed ID, so it can different for different transmitters and Fixed ID.

More
04 Feb 2020 22:45 #75881 by fmurray
Replied by fmurray on topic Two jumpers, different behaviors.
Thank you vlad. Yes, I thought that was going to be "it". But I had tried OrangeRX and HighSpeed, One, the other, and both On. None of those worked.

I'm leaning toward my Yellow controller having a hardware problem, but want to try the deviation-t8sg_v2_plus-v5.0.0-abc5dcf firmware, which is working in my Carbon controller, to eliminate that variable. I haven't been able to find that firmware version though.

Also, I received this from a Lemon-RX engineer:

"I believe it's the Jumper's transmitter problem. Our receivers are primary designed to work with high accuracy frequency stable transmitter (+/- 10ppm or less expected or ± 25 ppm absolute maximum limit).
You should use Spekturm transmitter. I am 99.9% sure the problem will go away with a Spektrum transmitter.
We did take apart of a Jumper transmitter long ago and I can confirm you that the frequency cannot be guaranteed with ± 25ppm accuracy due to the use of parts."

More
05 Feb 2020 15:09 - 13 Feb 2020 08:07 #75889 by vlad_vy
I think this is specific for latest Lemon-RX receivers, they use different RF chip, not CYRF6936.

Try test build with added "Freq-Fine" protocol option for DSM2/X protocols. Bind and then change "Freq-Fine" (up to -1000 and up to 1000, long press will change with step 10) while link will be lost (LED completely go out), fine check each value with step 1, then calculate and set the middle value. In my case (with Spektrum AR8000) I have -760 and 680 ((-760 + 680) / 2), so I set "Freq-Fine" = -40.

Files deleted, see nightly builds...
Last edit: 13 Feb 2020 08:07 by vlad_vy.

More
06 Feb 2020 02:05 #75893 by fmurray
Replied by fmurray on topic Two jumpers, different behaviors.
Vlad, I cannot thank you enough. You have saved me days, if not weeks, of frustration trying to get this transmitter replaced or buying a new one.

I did as you said. First time clicked down to where the connection led on the receiver went completely out, and up as well. Split the difference to come up with -127. Tried again just for verification going only down until the first blink, and up until the first blink. Guess what? Same number, -127. The yellow T8SG Plus is now stable with all my Lemon-RX Stabilizer Plus receivers.

You might consider adding the Freq-Fine DSM2/X feature to all the Jumper builds in case other transmitters experience frequency drifts.

Again Thank you very much!!

More
06 Feb 2020 04:59 #75894 by vlad_vy
Nice that I can help you. But, implement "Freq-Fine" for DSM2/X protocols is not simple, since DSM2/X protocol modules can't fit 4K size for transmitters like devo7e. I will try to reduce size of code.

More
08 Feb 2020 07:21 #75899 by vlad_vy
Now you can try latest nightly build, added frequency tuning to all CYRF6936 based protocols.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds