Jumper T8SG plus v3. fw update now black screen

More
03 Nov 2020 00:58 #76967 by Robjumper
Hi.
Looking for some knowledge. I have a T8sg plus v3 carbon tx which had this as the original fw ((( deviation-t8sg_v2_plus-v5.0.0-e801244 ))). What's interesting to me after reading many posts here is that it's an LCD display but had a v2 plus fw. When install any other v2 plus fw i get the black line black screen. Then when I install any other v2 fw everything s fine. But im wondering why was the company able to install a v2 plus fw? And i guess its lost forever because if I reinstall the above dfu file i saved before fiddling with it loads but now the black stripe screen. If anyone has any idea I'd like to hear it.
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2020 13:34 #77002 by ltonini80
Replied by ltonini80 on topic Jumper T8SG plus v3. fw update now black screen
I've the version 2 plus carbon fiber...
I've the same problem when i push the firmware v2 plus.
Someone say my that is because the firmware v2 plus has designaded for monitor oled by my version of display is lcd.
So i need to push the version v2 (whitout plus ) of the firmware.

More
13 Nov 2020 16:48 #77003 by propnut
That is correct, if yu have a normal LCD screen you must NOT use the plus but rather just the normal V2.

Note there are 3 types of T8SG,

T8SG - This is the original
T8SG v2 - Second gen with LCD display
T8SGv2 Plus - With OLED screen

You want the middle one.

More
13 Nov 2020 17:09 #77004 by ltonini80
My version is t8sg plus v2 carbon fiber (write on top of case, near led) but have the lcd..
Buyed on bangood some month ago.. and the original firmware use a version named v2_plus

More
13 Nov 2020 18:52 #77005 by Robjumper
Replied by Robjumper on topic Jumper T8SG plus v3. fw update now black screen
Hi.
I’m my original post. I was curious as to how the factory was able to install a v2plus fw ((( deviation-t8sg_v2_plus-v5.0.0-e801244 ))) on my carbon v3 with LCD screen but when I try to reinstall it back after trying some nightly builds it causes the black /lines display. So again how was the factory able to install a v2 plus fw? Any ideas?

More
13 Nov 2020 19:03 #77006 by ltonini80
Just for information...you re-install the same version downloaded from site or the file backuped from the original?
It possible that the factory rename the file in v2_plus but really is only a v2?

More
13 Nov 2020 19:58 #77007 by Robjumper
Good point about renaming. But I tried to reinstall the factory few/Dfu file that I backed up. And when I reinstall it, it doesn’t work it gives the black lines. So basically I can not reinstall the fw/ dfu file that the radio came with. And that has me wondering if the factory fw was actually a v2 plus few corrected for lcd screen.

More
13 Nov 2020 20:01 #77008 by Robjumper
Sorry for being long winded. In short I can not reinstall the original factory fw that I backed up and was working.

But v2 nightly builds, and jumper website fw install perfectly.

More
21 Dec 2020 00:59 #77129 by Maturecruiser
Replied by Maturecruiser on topic Jumper T8SG plus v3. fw update now black screen
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You,
I got my V3 plus about mid November and the first 3 days I was really pleased. Its then I decided to do the update. Its then that the black lined screen arrived. I could tell it wanted to work but no luck.
I didn't see this thread at first, so after about 4 days of trying to reset the firmware from "original" (Yes it is designated plus) and the very first original file. Nothing.
I was so annoyed I went and spent plenty on a used Dx9.
Then last night I started looking again and here is this thread.
God I love forums.
Re installed the V2 nightly build and low and behold I have a screen for the first time in about a month.
Thanks heaps

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds