Beginning of the end

More
16 Nov 2020 15:37 #77020 by propnut
Beginning of the end was created by propnut
Well it has been obvious for some time that there is no further development of DeviationTX. The number of protocols supported now lags behind the OpenTX radios, the original developers/founders never seem to be online or comment and sadly this seems to have been noticed by the manufacturers. RadioMater has quietly killed the TX8, their version of the Jumper T8SG. I suspect Jumper will probably follow suit and kill off the T8SGv3. Obviously Walkera no longer actively develop radios. I know that the 8S is still available but not exactly price competitive and the Devo7 is not DeviationTX compatible.

Such a shame, as it was the only really competitive opensource alternative to OpenTX. Not that there is anything wrong with OpenTX, far from it, it is a great OS but we all like choice. Sure there is ER9X and ersky9x but they are variations of OpenTX or rather to be more accurate they were the predecessors of OpenTX.

I will continue to use my Devo10 and T8SG but actually find myself using my Jumper T16 more and more.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Nov 2020 07:54 #77026 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Beginning of the end
Yes deviation is rock solid, very reliable it never let me down, I prefer it in many ways above open Tx. Simple to flash, with direct SPI controls it is potentially fastest and min jitters.
Still fly T8SG V2plus above my X lite, but yes we need a rock solid transmitter, as there are much better radios out for open TX.

More
17 Nov 2020 16:42 #77027 by cmpang
Replied by cmpang on topic Beginning of the end
have been with Deviation since the early days.
no evidence but believe the current multi-protocol implemented in openTX is actually ported from the protocols here in Deviation.
If that is true, then it may be a simple task for our previous developers to do the same as to port those newly developed protocols for openTX back to Deviation?

cmPang

More
15 Dec 2020 19:11 #77114 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Beginning of the end
Yes but there are not really much quality Tx options for deviation, with good gimbals. Also the Lua scripts and telemetry are lacking in deviation compared to otx.
Otherwise Deviation has the best control link and still a lot of advanced features.

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds