Replace screen

More
31 May 2016 18:07 #49662 by Josh69
Replace screen was created by Josh69
Hi! Is it possible to replace the screen on a Devo 10 to OLED? Would this work? www.ebay.de/itm/281868222515

Sincerely

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 May 2016 20:09 #49678 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Replace screen
That display has a SSD1309 which has a very similar command set to the NT7538 on the Devo10. so it might 'just work', but I wouldn't be surprised if changes were needed to the code. The chip is normally hooked up in quadrants and it is possible they aren't the same for this display. Also, there may be some differences in the command list. You could certainly try it, but if you aren't comfortabel with C coding and buidling your own firmware via docker, it is likely to not be successful.

More
31 May 2016 20:36 #49681 by Josh69
Replied by Josh69 on topic Replace screen

PhracturedBlue wrote: That display has a SSD1309 which has a very similar command set to the NT7538 on the Devo10. so it might 'just work', but I wouldn't be surprised if changes were needed to the code. The chip is normally hooked up in quadrants and it is possible they aren't the same for this display. Also, there may be some differences in the command list. You could certainly try it, but if you aren't comfortabel with C coding and buidling your own firmware via docker, it is likely to not be successful.

Thanks for replying PhracturedBlue. I'm not very good at software. Hardware and modification is more my area. But do you know any OLED or TFT screen that would work straight off? Otherwise, I get to learn c coding and build the firmware via the docker. Are there any guides on how docker works, and do you know where I can find good study materials for c coding?

More
31 May 2016 21:03 #49684 by PhracturedBlue

Josh69 wrote:

PhracturedBlue wrote: That display has a SSD1309 which has a very similar command set to the NT7538 on the Devo10. so it might 'just work', but I wouldn't be surprised if changes were needed to the code. The chip is normally hooked up in quadrants and it is possible they aren't the same for this display. Also, there may be some differences in the command list. You could certainly try it, but if you aren't comfortabel with C coding and buidling your own firmware via docker, it is likely to not be successful.

Thanks for replying PhracturedBlue. I'm not very good at software. Hardware and modification is more my area. But do you know any OLED or TFT screen that would work straight off? Otherwise, I get to learn c coding and build the firmware via the docker. Are there any guides on how docker works, and do you know where I can find good study materials for c coding?

What you found is probably as good as you are likely to find. The problem is that you can't know until you try it

More
31 May 2016 23:56 - 01 Jun 2016 00:00 #49688 by john
Replied by john on topic Replace screen

PhracturedBlue wrote:

Josh69 wrote:

What you found is probably as good as you are likely to find. The problem is that you can't know until you try it

i agree about replace a screen with OLED . :P

Last edit: 01 Jun 2016 00:00 by john.

More
01 Jun 2016 00:06 #49689 by Toxuin
Replied by Toxuin on topic Replace screen
Hah, that is cool.
Is it your devo? Do you still have original screen? Could you measure current drain with original screen and with OLED? Just for giggles? :-D

More
01 Jun 2016 01:24 #49691 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Replace screen
My Devo 10 screen has a column out so this got me looking around. Ordered this one to try. It's close in size to the stock module. The SSD1305 seems very similar to the 1309 so hopefully not much work :)

Anyone know the connector on the far end of the display module wire harness (the part that plugs in under the USB)?

More
01 Jun 2016 02:15 #49695 by PhracturedBlue
I want to note that the 7e screen is different and there will most likely need to be a code change to support such a screen on the 7e. Basiclaly the lcd driver for the 7e is different than the devo10 even though the driver is the same. This is because the 7e has the quadrants coded differently for some reason. So even if the devo10 can do a direct swap, don't expect the same to be true of the 7e.

More
01 Jun 2016 09:08 #49711 by Josh69

hexfet wrote: My Devo 10 screen has a column out so this got me looking around. Ordered this one to try. It's close in size to the stock module. The SSD1305 seems very similar to the 1309 so hopefully not much work :)

Anyone know the connector on the far end of the display module wire harness (the part that plugs in under the USB)?

Keep us updated! :) I've not decided what screen I'm going to buy yet. :)

More
01 Jun 2016 09:55 #49713 by dc59
Replied by dc59 on topic Replace screen
@hexfet

I'm also interested in that LCD. :lol:

More
02 Jun 2016 00:59 #49796 by hexfet
I think the connector to mate with the Devo 10 is JST PHR-16. Should have everything in a week.

More
12 Jun 2016 17:01 #50478 by smfelton
Replied by smfelton on topic Replace screen
This is very interesting

Devo 7e
Blade Nano QX2 FPV
LS-124
CX-10A

More
12 Jun 2016 21:39 #50486 by hexfet
No joy just plugging it in with no changes. Likely not plug'n'play, or I got some wiring wrong, or the module's bad :) But just got some work so won't have much time to spend on this for a couple weeks.
Attachments:

More
12 Jun 2016 22:39 #50495 by Josh69
Looks good. I hope you make it work :) :)

More
11 Jul 2016 08:42 - 11 Jul 2016 09:16 #51544 by john
Replied by john on topic Replace screen
today , i try to connect devo 7e with big LCD ST7565 , but failure . :lol:
that is Lcd I use for Project digital Clock , price cheap 1$

next , i will try with Oled 1.3 :woohoo:
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 Jul 2016 09:16 by john.

More
11 Jul 2016 12:00 #51547 by SadSack
Replied by SadSack on topic Replace screen
Stock walkera firmware worked fine with modified I2c OLED screen. Mod screen to serial which was fiddly but go steady easy enough. I used the screen ribbon to make hardware changes to convert I2c>serial.
LCD I used was compatible with NT7 driver. Last line should have been the first line. Screen broke before I found out why. I had used screen with arduino using same initialising code as deviation worked and looked great. There is a pcb layout I'd done on bitbucket.org/SadSack/lcd-multi-spi-flash
All details where to get screen from.

More
13 Jul 2016 06:29 #51595 by anthony7288
Replied by anthony7288 on topic Replace screen
@PhractủedBlue

Devo 7e and Devo 10 can use this LCD 128X64,NT7538 2.6 inch ?
www.buydisplay.com/default/2-6-inch-spi-...oller-black-on-white

More
13 Jul 2016 15:32 #51603 by 92zb
Replied by 92zb on topic Replace screen
Hi anthony7288

Is this screen easily swappable by a novice or much more is involved like software or more than rudimentary soldering. Thanks

More
16 Jul 2016 02:44 #51739 by anthony7288
Replied by anthony7288 on topic Replace screen

92zb wrote: Hi anthony7288

Is this screen easily swappable by a novice or much more is involved like software or more than rudimentary soldering. Thanks

i don't understansd yout mean ?

@Phactureblue

devo 1o use lcd 132x65 , that is problem with lcd 2.6inch 128x64 ?

More
16 Jul 2016 12:01 #51746 by 92zb
Replied by 92zb on topic Replace screen
What I mean is, what is involved in replacing this screen, just remove the old one and replace this one with no problem ?

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds