GUI

More
23 Jul 2012 16:01 #671 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Re: GUI
There is a little bug in paging with the buttons:
- from the main page select the options (down, enter);
- select next page (down, down, enter);
- repeat 3 times: the app hangs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jul 2012 16:14 #672 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Re: GUI

FDR wrote: Do you mean it shows the stick position?
What I meant is a page which shows all the output values. There you can test all your mixer configs, expos, dual rates, value mixes, switch changes by watching the channel outputs as a function of stick and switch changes...

The chantest page is the one that shows all output values. However, if you move the throttle with any graph shown, you'll see a little rectangle indicating the output channel value at the moment. This is a little different than stick position, since it can correspond to multiple mixers acting together (for instance if you choose one of the cyc inputs.

PhracturedBlue wrote: Note that the icons I made are 32x31 instead of 32x32. Removing one line allows me to fit an icon plus its pressed state into one 4k page which wastes less space, and loads faster.

I think they would fit the header nicer in 24x24 size anyway...[/quote]
Maybe, but on the Tx, 24x24 is pretty small. I think icons should be as big as possible without interfering with design so that you can use them without a stylus.

More
23 Jul 2012 17:19 #673 by PhracturedBlue

FDR wrote: There is a little bug in paging with the buttons:
- from the main page select the options (down, enter);
- select next page (down, down, enter);
- repeat 3 times: the app hangs.

Fixed

More
23 Jul 2012 17:44 #674 by FDR
Compile error:
+ Compiling 'pages/chantest_page.c'
In file included from pages/chantest_page.c:17:0:
pages/pages.h:10:22: fatal error: usb_page.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [objs/emu_devo8-w32/chantest_page.o] Error 1

More
23 Jul 2012 17:51 #675 by PhracturedBlue
oops. fixed now

More
23 Jul 2012 18:36 - 23 Jul 2012 18:37 #676 by FDR

PhracturedBlue wrote:

FDR wrote:

PhracturedBlue wrote: Note that the icons I made are 32x31 instead of 32x32. Removing one line allows me to fit an icon plus its pressed state into one 4k page which wastes less space, and loads faster.

I think they would fit the header nicer in 24x24 size anyway...

Maybe, but on the Tx, 24x24 is pretty small. I think icons should be as big as possible without interfering with design so that you can use them without a stylus.

Sometimes I reset the timer by hand with the original 16x16 icons, so probably 24x24 is much easier. Furthermore the touch sensitive part could be 32x32 if there is transparent image space, but IMO the visible image would be nicer in 24x24...

I can't see enough the expo page!!! Cool! ;)
Last edit: 23 Jul 2012 18:37 by FDR.

More
24 Jul 2012 04:36 #677 by PhracturedBlue
I reworked a few things.
Long-press enter on the main page will give you the selection box which then works as normal. You can now select all pressable items with it. On all other pages, the selection works as it used to

On the complex page there is now a bar-graph which shows the channel output with all mixers applied. The XY graph on all pages now matches the curve you see when you go to curve-edit mode. It didn't behave this way in all situations previously.

you can now control the thickness of the selection box.

More
24 Jul 2012 05:13 #678 by FDR
A quick bug report:
If I click the model name on the main page, the emulator crashes.

More
24 Jul 2012 05:33 #679 by PhracturedBlue

FDR wrote: A quick bug report:
If I click the model name on the main page, the emulator crashes.

Thanks. It only showed up on Windows, not on linux. Fixed now.

More
24 Jul 2012 05:34 - 24 Jul 2012 05:38 #680 by FDR
An other question:
I've tried the bargraph on the complex mixer page, but id didn't react on the throttle, however it showed the throttle as the source.
It seems, that it doesn't take mode 2 into account, does it?
Last edit: 24 Jul 2012 05:38 by FDR.

More
24 Jul 2012 07:58 #681 by FDR
One more crash:
- open the model load page (by clicking the model name on the main page);
- select an other model (with a different picture?);
- selecting the previous model the app crashes.

I don't know is it really related to the picture changes, but if I keep changing empty models with the second image, it works.

More
24 Jul 2012 16:32 #682 by PhracturedBlue

FDR wrote: An other question:
I've tried the bargraph on the complex mixer page, but id didn't react on the throttle, however it showed the throttle as the source.
It seems, that it doesn't take mode 2 into account, does it?

There are some inconsistencies in how the channels are mapped right now. I need to rework a few things to get everything consistent.

More
24 Jul 2012 17:31 - 25 Jul 2012 10:54 #683 by FDR

PhracturedBlue wrote: There are some inconsistencies in how the channels are mapped right now. I need to rework a few things to get everything consistent.

I think the mode mapping should be the very first stage right before anything. I It should effect the four stick value and their four trim value as well.
Might be a simple pointer indirection: you have those 8 value in fix memory locations (like left vertical stick, left horizontal stick, left vertical trim, etc), and there would be 8 named pointers to them according to the stick mode, for example in mode 2: throttle stick, rudder stick, throttle trim, etc...
But it might be even simpler if there is only one function, which reads the channels (and calc trims), then only the name channel values are needed...

But you know it better than me... ;)
Last edit: 25 Jul 2012 10:54 by FDR. Reason: typo

More
24 Jul 2012 20:49 #684 by FDR
If you are doing the channels anyway, please consider setting their default order according to the selected protocol!

More
24 Jul 2012 20:59 #685 by PhracturedBlue
The code already deals with the mapping in an efficient way. The problem was simply that the names associated with the channels were wrong. I still need to change the model.ini file so that the 'src' names are the actual names instead of numbers, but other than that, the current system should be ok.

FDR wrote: If you are doing the channels anyway, please consider setting their default order according to the selected protocol!

I'm not sure what you mean by channel order. the order that the inputs appear (when scrolling through the 'source' and 'switch' fields) is defined per transmitter. It may be different per transmitter, but not per-protocol.
If you mean the channel number assignments (i.e. thr is ch 1 or 3 for different protocols) then that is handled by the protocol code today. maybe we need a better answer than that, but I don't think I'll deal with it right now.

More
24 Jul 2012 21:04 #686 by FDR

PhracturedBlue wrote: If you mean the channel number assignments (i.e. thr is ch 1 or 3 for different protocols) then that is handled by the protocol code today.

Yep, that's it...

More
25 Jul 2012 01:31 #687 by PhracturedBlue

FDR wrote: One more crash:
- open the model load page (by clicking the model name on the main page);
- select an other model (with a different picture?);
- selecting the previous model the app crashes.

I don't know is it really related to the picture changes, but if I keep changing empty models with the second image, it works.

Fixed

More
25 Jul 2012 04:04 #688 by PhracturedBlue
I implemented the rest of the timer functionality. It can now be started/stopped with a switch or stick input.

I started looking at configuring the main page.
I think the configuration needs to be per-model (if my model has telemetry, or it is a plane, I may want the page setup to be different). Reading the configuration from the model.ini file is easy enough to do, but I'm not sure of an easy way to configure it from the Tx. i guess I could just have 4 spin-boxes numbered 1-4 which each can be set to 'hidden, a timer, a telemetry value, or an output channel. We could also list the 6 trims and determine if they are visible or not.

Any thoughts?

More
25 Jul 2012 04:34 #689 by FDR
I have put *.orig and *.dll on hg's ignore list.
Can you merge it, or do the same, so I don't have to merge every time I pull your changes, please...

More
25 Jul 2012 04:39 #690 by FDR

PhracturedBlue wrote: I implemented the rest of the timer functionality. It can now be started/stopped with a switch or stick input.

Actually I like the original implementation, in which the countdown alarms, when it reaches 0, but change color and continue to negative, so I can see later, how much I overrun.
How can you reset the timer?

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds