GUI

More
02 Aug 2012 20:34 #854 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Re: GUI

FDR wrote: So the ' doesn't work either...
On my computer the keyboard.exe shows \ and ' in the event_text, not in the event_key, which the code examines.


Made backslash and tick to exit.
Checked in...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Aug 2012 08:49 - 03 Aug 2012 08:51 #861 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic GUI
Since I couldn't test shutdown and the automatic model saving until now, I start to see bugs there:
If you configure the main page to show 8 bars, they are not loaded next time, probably because it saves it to the model.ini as "trim=full" instead of "barsize=full".

EDIT: src/config/model.c 696. row should be:
fprintf(fh, "%s=%s\n", GUI_BARSIZE, GUI_BARSIZE_VAL[m->pagecfg.barsize]);
Last edit: 03 Aug 2012 08:51 by FDR.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Aug 2012 14:09 #863 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic GUI

FDR wrote: Since I couldn't test shutdown and the automatic model saving until now, I start to see bugs there:
If you configure the main page to show 8 bars, they are not loaded next time, probably because it saves it to the model.ini as "trim=full" instead of "barsize=full".

EDIT: src/config/model.c 696. row should be:

fprintf(fh, "%s=%s\n", GUI_BARSIZE, GUI_BARSIZE_VAL[m->pagecfg.barsize]);

Thanks, I've fixed this and the keypad issue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Aug 2012 08:25 #897 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic GUI
Running the fw on the tx, there were some minor bugs too:

- graphs on the mixer page were drawn only from the center to +100;+100, while the selected graph type was 1-to-1. I haven't investigated it further, if the other types are drawn well, but I will tonight...

- the virtual keyboard showed all letters with an additional ampersand when it was first displayed. When I changed to uppercase and then back, the secon time they were ok. The numbers behaved weird too, when they were showed first time.

- after calibration it is still hard to use the stylus for clicking small buttons.

- my trims are not in order, because it wasn't obvious for me, in what order the numbering of the trims are. How can I set the trims to zero, because I'm not sure if they are centered. The original fw displays the trim values near the bars. Can you do it too? ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Aug 2012 09:01 #898 by wuselfuzz
Replied by wuselfuzz on topic GUI

FDR wrote: Running the fw on the tx, there were some minor bugs too:

- graphs on the mixer page were drawn only from the center to +100;+100, while the selected graph type was 1-to-1. I haven't investigated it further, if the other types are drawn well, but I will tonight...


I noticed that, too.

- the virtual keyboard showed all letters with an additional ampersand when it was first displayed. When I changed to uppercase and then back, the secon time they were ok. The numbers behaved weird too, when they were showed first time.


I had the letters surrounded with other (alphanumeric) characters, confirm this one too.

- my trims are not in order, because it wasn't obvious for me, in what order the numbering of the trims are. How can I set the trims to zero, because I'm not sure if they are centered. The original fw displays the trim values near the bars. Can you do it too? ;)


Maybe this is related. In mode 2, the throttle trim changed the trim value shown in the trim bar on the right side. Didn't investigate that further, though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Aug 2012 13:31 - 06 Aug 2012 13:44 #900 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic GUI

FDR wrote: - graphs on the mixer page were drawn only from the center to +100;+100, while the selected graph type was 1-to-1. I haven't investigated it further, if the other types are drawn well, but I will tonight...

don't bother. I already know about it. I don't know the cause yet. it is quite weird

- the virtual keyboard showed all letters with an additional ampersand when it was first displayed. When I changed to uppercase and then back, the secon time they were ok. The numbers behaved weird too, when they were showed first time.

This one is new to me.

- after calibration it is still hard to use the stylus for clicking small buttons.

That is interesting. With a stylus mine is quite accurate. One thing I may do is to make the clickable region larger than the actual widget. I need o think about how to do that though. Another thing I was going to do is to provide a 'test' page so that you can see the coordinates when you click. It may give us a hint why you are having issues.

- my trims are not in order, because it wasn't obvious for me, in what order the numbering of the trims are.

1=left-vertical
2=right-vertical
3=left-horizontal
4=right-hrizontal
5=left-upper
6=right-upper
Of course we should just rename them :)

How can I set the trims to zero, because I'm not sure if they are centered. The original fw displays the trim values near the bars. Can you do it too? ;)

I don't like the way they do it to be honest. However, providing a detent and visual indication when the trims are zeroed would be a good idea.
Last edit: 06 Aug 2012 13:44 by PhracturedBlue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Aug 2012 14:06 #970 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic GUI

FDR wrote: - graphs on the mixer page were drawn only from the center to +100;+100, while the selected graph type was 1-to-1. I haven't investigated it further, if the other types are drawn well, but I will tonight...

fixed

- after calibration it is still hard to use the stylus for clicking small buttons.

I added a screen-test page. you can now see the detected coordinates. try it out and see how the values match the expectations.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Aug 2012 14:13 #971 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic GUI

FDR wrote: - the virtual keyboard showed all letters with an additional ampersand when it was first displayed. When I changed to uppercase and then back, the secon time they were ok. The numbers behaved weird too, when they were showed first time.

fixed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Aug 2012 14:13 #972 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic GUI

PhracturedBlue wrote:

- after calibration it is still hard to use the stylus for clicking small buttons.

I added a screen-test page. you can now see the detected coordinates. try it out and see how the values match the expectations.

Actually I think it was a wrong storage case, like it happened a few times editing the model data too.
I repeated the calibration later, and it became better...

However it happend, that model data changes were lost, or went to a wrong channel. It seems, that the storage has glitches sometimes...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Aug 2012 14:16 #973 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic GUI

FDR wrote: Actually I think it was a wrong storage case, like it happened a few times editing the model data too.
I repeated the calibration later, and it became better...

However it happend, that model data changes were lost, or went to a wrong channel. It seems, that the storage has glitches sometimes...

Well, if you run into it again, save off the tx.ini and/or model*.ini files so we can take a look. that is one of the nice things about having a filesystem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Aug 2012 14:16 - 08 Aug 2012 14:17 #974 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic GUI

PhracturedBlue wrote:

FDR wrote: - the virtual keyboard showed all letters with an additional ampersand when it was first displayed. When I changed to uppercase and then back, the secon time they were ok. The numbers behaved weird too, when they were showed first time.

fixed

Last time they only showed up when I pressed a button, but the normal (unpressed) state was ok.
I don't know if it is related, or that behavior is fixed too...
Last edit: 08 Aug 2012 14:17 by FDR.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Aug 2012 14:23 #975 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic GUI

PhracturedBlue wrote: Well, if you run into it again, save off the tx.ini and/or model*.ini files so we can take a look. that is one of the nice things about having a filesystem.

Yeah, but you know these moments, when you change some settings to try something, but it doesn't work like you expected. Then you look at the setting again, and they are not there! You are not certain, if you made a mistake, or is it a bug. Especially that I cannot reproduce such a glitch.
But it happened too many times, I'm not that stupid I think... ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Aug 2012 14:50 #976 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic GUI

FDR wrote:

PhracturedBlue wrote: Well, if you run into it again, save off the tx.ini and/or model*.ini files so we can take a look. that is one of the nice things about having a filesystem.

Yeah, but you know these moments, when you change some settings to try something, but it doesn't work like you expected. Then you look at the setting again, and they are not there! You are not certain, if you made a mistake, or is it a bug. Especially that I cannot reproduce such a glitch.
But it happened too many times, I'm not that stupid I think... ;)

One thing to be aware of:
The settings are not written to ROM until you shut down the tx. so if you enter USB mode from the menu after making a change, it won't be in the ini file.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Aug 2012 14:58 #977 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic GUI

PhracturedBlue wrote: The settings are not written to ROM until you shut down the tx. so if you enter USB mode from the menu after making a change, it won't be in the ini file.

I didn't look in the ini, they were missing from the mixer page in the same session.
For example once I've set up a complex mixer for the throttle for all the three flight modes and a throttle hold, and it went back to a simple mixer with the originally wrong source for that channel.
I will test it more. I can't fly anyway, because I have broken one of the motors of my Ladybird...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Aug 2012 15:36 #978 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic GUI

FDR wrote: How can I set the trims to zero, because I'm not sure if they are centered. The original fw displays the trim values near the bars. Can you do it too? ;)

I implemented a solution for this too. The change includes a modification of config.ini. You'll likely want to change the trim colors there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Aug 2012 18:21 - 09 Aug 2012 10:18 #982 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic GUI
So, I start to test the fw in the tx.

Bugs reports:

1. Screen calibration doesn't work: I had to use the keyboard after it, and reset the txt.ini from usb; FIXED

2. If I clear back the fixed id, iz won't be null, but -42! (So the opposit of the meaning of the life, universe and everything)
Actually it always write in something else if the number of digits is less then six. FIXED
Last edit: 09 Aug 2012 10:18 by FDR.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Aug 2012 18:29 #983 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic GUI
3. It only shuts down from the main screen. All the other screens need an other event (touch or button click) to shut down after switching off.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Aug 2012 18:34 - 09 Aug 2012 10:18 #984 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic GUI
4. Not really a bug, but it would be handy, if on the channel and mixer pages the header would contain the function of the channel too (i.e. THR, AIL, ELE, RUD) according to the protocol selected, just like the buttons of the mixer list. FIXED
Last edit: 09 Aug 2012 10:18 by FDR.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Aug 2012 18:38 #985 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic GUI
I just changed the Trim names to be consistent. You'll need to re-copy the model/ directory

2. If I clear back the fixed id, iz won't be null, but -42! (So the opposit of the meaning of the life, universe and everything)

I fixed this too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Aug 2012 18:46 - 09 Aug 2012 10:19 #986 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic GUI
5. If on from the main screen I enter either menu ent the return to the main screen and give it a long ext, it clears the whole screen and I can't bring it back anymore, just with a restart. FIXED
Last edit: 09 Aug 2012 10:19 by FDR.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum