GUI

More
18 Aug 2012 17:20 #1141 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic GUI
Writing in USB mode is gone. Is it intentional, or side effect of the LCD brightness?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Aug 2012 17:23 #1142 by FDR
How can I change the picture of a model?

More
18 Aug 2012 17:31 #1143 by FDR
Compile error in the emulator:
+ Compiling 'pages/calibrate_page.c'
pages/calibrate_page.c: In function 'brightness_select_cb':
pages/calibrate_page.c:185:35: error: 'MIN_BRIGHTNESS' undeclared (first use in
this function)
pages/calibrate_page.c:185:35: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only
 once for each function it appears in
make: *** [objs/emu_devo8-w32/calibrate_page.o] Error 1

More
20 Aug 2012 03:18 #1146 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic GUI

FDR wrote: How can I change the picture of a model?

You can't do it through the Tx. but if you add:
icon=filename.bmp
to your model.ini file (after the model name)
and then place filename.bmp in your media/ dir, it will be used

'filename' must be 8 or less characters

FDR wrote: Writing in USB mode is gone. Is it intentional, or side effect of the LCD brightness?

Fixed

Emulator build is also fixed

More
20 Aug 2012 03:20 #1147 by PhracturedBlue
I implemented a battery alarm and alternate font color.
I am thinking of removing support for a battery icon. I can't think of an accurate way to make it work for multiple battery types without complex configuration. The voltage display is quite straight-forward to use.

I'm open to opinions though.

More
20 Aug 2012 09:21 #1150 by FDR

PhracturedBlue wrote: I implemented a battery alarm and alternate font color.
I am thinking of removing support for a battery icon. I can't think of an accurate way to make it work for multiple battery types without complex configuration. The voltage display is quite straight-forward to use.

I'm open to opinions though.

Cool, thanks!

I won't after the battery icon...
It would be possible to configure it's levels, but it is more difficult for sure.

More
20 Aug 2012 09:38 - 20 Aug 2012 11:48 #1151 by FDR

PhracturedBlue wrote: You can't do it through the Tx. but if you add:
icon=filename.bmp
to your model.ini file (after the model name)
and then place filename.bmp in your media/ dir, it will be used
'filename' must be 8 or less characters

Thanks it works now.
Well, sort of...

The picture is good on the main screen, but on the model select list the changing is not 100%.
1. It doesn' clear the whole rectangle on a change, so if a model picture has more transparent parts than the previous had, they stay on the background.
2. It might be connected with that I created nontransparent (RGB565) pictures, but when I step throw them: it shows the default ones with transparency, then it successfully changes to the first non-transparent image of mine, but it doesn't show the other images of mine, until I change again to a default one.

EDIT: I would like to refine it: the image only stays behind the invisible parts only if it was the active non-transparent image...

EDIT 2: I've made all the pictures ARGB555 (models2.zip). Now the transparent parts are drown wel, but stepping throw my models still doesn't change their image until I change to a default heli.bmp before...
I'm confused now...
Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Aug 2012 11:48 by FDR.

More
20 Aug 2012 15:04 #1158 by PhracturedBlue
I think both issues should be fixed now.
mixing transparent and non-transparent images should work.
And it should be fine regardless of which model you start with.

More
20 Aug 2012 15:26 #1159 by PhracturedBlue
We should discuss further how load/save should work.
My original thought was that a user would choose when to save their changes, however, that doesn't really make sense since a shutdown definitely should auto-save.
also when switching models the user doesn't want to lose their changes. Today I save on load and on powerdown. This makes it hard to undo changes as it may not be obvious what is going to happen.

so we need to do something to be more consistent:
1) All changes are (effectively auto-saved when made. there is no 'Save' functionality, only 'Copy' and 'Load'. You cannot undo a change, and need to be careful to copy to a new model before making changes if you don't wnat to overwrite. This is 90% what we have now, and I could easily make it work this way.

2) Keep save on exit, but otherwise ask the user about every save. So when switching models you'd get a dialog (if the current model is changed) asking whether or not he wants to save 1st. In tihs case I need to be a bit more inventive about what is shown on the load/save dialog if the model has been renamed since it now has 2 names until it is saved

It may be less confusing to go with #1. I'm not sure how often we need to revert a change, and you'd still need to be careful not shutdown 1st since that would auto-save (which certainly seems to be the right behavior)

More
20 Aug 2012 17:07 #1161 by FDR

PhracturedBlue wrote: I think both issues should be fixed now.

No, it's still not good.

Try it with my later 3 model pictures in models2.zip. Assign them to subsequent model files, and on model select try selecting throw them, i.e click on the first, secon and third, and their image won't change, only after you click on some default model first...

More
20 Aug 2012 18:17 #1162 by PhracturedBlue

FDR wrote:

No, it's still not good.

Try it with my later 3 model pictures in models2.zip. Assign them to subsequent model files, and on model select try selecting throw them, i.e click on the first, secon and third, and their image won't change, only after you click on some default model first...

It should be fixed now though

More
20 Aug 2012 18:27 - 20 Aug 2012 18:28 #1163 by FDR

PhracturedBlue wrote:

FDR wrote:

No, it's still not good.

It should be fixed now though

No, it is not! :lol:

It is even stranger then before, because in one direction it is fine, but in the other one picture is missing.

My models in detail:
1. default (heli)
2. cb100
3. genius
4. ladybird
5. default (heli)

Clicking from 5. to 1. everything is all right, but from 1. to 5. after the 3. the genius picture doesn't change to the ladybird.

But it might be that something is wrong with my pictures...
Last edit: 20 Aug 2012 18:28 by FDR.

More
20 Aug 2012 18:34 #1164 by FDR

PhracturedBlue wrote: We should discuss further how load/save should work.
My original thought was that a user would choose when to save their changes, however, that doesn't really make sense since a shutdown definitely should auto-save.
also when switching models the user doesn't want to lose their changes. Today I save on load and on powerdown. This makes it hard to undo changes as it may not be obvious what is going to happen.

so we need to do something to be more consistent:
1) All changes are (effectively auto-saved when made. there is no 'Save' functionality, only 'Copy' and 'Load'. You cannot undo a change, and need to be careful to copy to a new model before making changes if you don't wnat to overwrite. This is 90% what we have now, and I could easily make it work this way.

2) Keep save on exit, but otherwise ask the user about every save. So when switching models you'd get a dialog (if the current model is changed) asking whether or not he wants to save 1st. In tihs case I need to be a bit more inventive about what is shown on the load/save dialog if the model has been renamed since it now has 2 names until it is saved

It may be less confusing to go with #1. I'm not sure how often we need to revert a change, and you'd still need to be careful not shutdown 1st since that would auto-save (which certainly seems to be the right behavior)

I think the current auto saving is fine.
It should save on every model "unload", either it is because of shutdown or model change. One more exception is model reset, when you replace the current model file with the default, so it is basicly saved too.

The editing pages with OK/Cancel buttons give you enough revertability.
The more complex changes should have done on a copy anyway...

More
20 Aug 2012 19:11 #1166 by PhracturedBlue

FDR wrote: No, it is not! :lol:

It is even stranger then before, because in one direction it is fine, but in the other one picture is missing.

My models in detail:
1. default (heli)
2. cb100
3. genius
4. ladybird
5. default (heli)

Clicking from 5. to 1. everything is all right, but from 1. to 5. after the 3. the genius picture doesn't change to the ladybird.

But it might be that something is wrong with my pictures...

Doing that works for me with the current code on the emulator. I am running
80101cabf7b4

More
20 Aug 2012 19:23 #1167 by FDR

PhracturedBlue wrote: Doing that works for me with the current code on the emulator. I am running
80101cabf7b4

I've just tried in the emulator, and it works there, but the same version in the tx is not...

More
21 Aug 2012 01:06 - 21 Aug 2012 01:07 #1168 by PhracturedBlue

FDR wrote:

PhracturedBlue wrote: Doing that works for me with the current code on the emulator. I am running
80101cabf7b4

I've just tried in the emulator, and it works there, but the same version in the tx is not...

I figured it out, and can duplicate the behavior in the emulator. It depends on the image that is currently loaded as to the behavior because I didn't update the checksum when switching images. Latest commit should REALLY fix it :)
Last edit: 21 Aug 2012 01:07 by PhracturedBlue.

More
21 Aug 2012 14:30 #1171 by FDR

PhracturedBlue wrote: I figured it out, and can duplicate the behavior in the emulator. It depends on the image that is currently loaded as to the behavior because I didn't update the checksum when switching images. Latest commit should REALLY fix it :)

Yep, it is fixed...
What role are CRCs playing there?

More
21 Aug 2012 14:47 #1172 by PhracturedBlue

FDR wrote:

PhracturedBlue wrote: I figured it out, and can duplicate the behavior in the emulator. It depends on the image that is currently loaded as to the behavior because I didn't update the checksum when switching images. Latest commit should REALLY fix it :)

Yep, it is fixed...
What role are CRCs playing there?

I don't want to redraw the picture if it hasnt' changed, and I don't want to keep a copy of the string for comparison. so the crc is a surrogate for the string that can be used to tell if it has changed.

More
28 Aug 2012 19:24 #1263 by FDR
A change request:
Could you make the model page to be the last (or we can say the -1. to the left), so it would be only one click away from the default (mixer) page.
I still think that the mixer page is the most used one, so it should be the first when we enter the model menu, but the second more important is the model page.
I would be like if the model page is the first, mixer is second, and then the rest, just we always start with the second page... ;)

More
30 Aug 2012 18:43 #1291 by FDR
I changed two pages to make some room for the translated labels, but it didn't solved the room need of "Hintergrundbeleuchtung". ;)
Pushed...

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds