VTX control from Devo menu

More
16 Aug 2019 05:22 #74908 by jafido
VTX control from Devo menu was created by jafido
I've recently bought Tramp HX VTX and Spektrum DSM2/DSMX SPM4649T with telemetry support. An issue came when I've tried to set VTX control/telemetry up on my ultimate 7e and I haven't found this feature.
I am looking forward to have full controll of the VTX setting over transmitter but now I am pretty sure that this feature is not supported by Deviation firmware at all. Would it be possible to add it? What is the effort behind it?

oscarliang.com/vtx-control/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Aug 2019 16:05 #74909 by 52dgj
Replied by 52dgj on topic VTX control from Devo menu
Have LUA script support。

DEVO12,DEVO8S,DEVO7E,DEVO10,Taranis QX7,FS-i6

More
16 Aug 2019 22:17 #74910 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic VTX control from Devo menu
I was curious and read up on the subject, but don't have Tramp hardware myself.

Lua support alone wouldn't help here. That script just controls betaflight, which then uses Tramp protocol to talk to the VTX. And controlling betaflight requires a protocol with a data transmit capability, which DSM doesn't have.

If you use an FC firmware that supports Tramp, use it to control the VTX via the OSD.

More
19 Aug 2019 22:56 #74940 by jafido
Replied by jafido on topic VTX control from Devo menu

hexfet wrote: I was curious and read up on the subject, but don't have Tramp hardware myself.

Lua support alone wouldn't help here. That script just controls betaflight, which then uses Tramp protocol to talk to the VTX. And controlling betaflight requires a protocol with a data transmit capability, which DSM doesn't have.

If you use an FC firmware that supports Tramp, use it to control the VTX via the OSD.

I have to admit that you are right with DSM protocol but there is something on top of it called SRXL . The issue is that the VTX control is supported since SRXL2 . The price $26 for compatible receiver SPM4650 is even better that in case of SMP4649T but I have doubts that SRXL2 is not supported by deviation at all.

More
21 Aug 2019 02:51 #74950 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic VTX control from Devo menu
It seems there is a way to send data that's compatible with DSM called Forward Programming. But I didn't find any information online about how the over-the-air part works. Would need some captures from a vtx control capable Spektrum to see if it could be understood.

More
21 Aug 2019 06:32 #74953 by jafido
Frankly speaking I have no idea how Spektrum is doing VTX control from transmitter but it is definitely feasible. Look at
since 7:30.

More
30 Aug 2019 23:50 #75061 by jafido
Forward Programming is a Spektrum™ technology that enables the configuration of smart receivers and related products wirelessly and directly from the transmitter. It’s simple. Forward Programming uses the existing bi-directional communication link between a transmitter and receiver to do the same sophisticated programming that once required a cable, Bluetooth dongle, with a PC or mobile phone. Plus, Spektrum Forward Programming uses intuitive Spektrum AirWare™ firmware language so it’s intuitive and easy to follow with simple solutions and safety protocols that get you flying faster. Spektrum Forward Programing is now available as a free Spektrum AirWare 2.0 radio update for Spektrum G2, iX12, DX18G1 and DX6G3 radios.

More
17 Sep 2022 15:00 #78093 by PanKek
Replied by PanKek on topic VTX control from Devo menu
I am trying to bind a SPM4650 (SRXL2) micro receiver with my Devo 7E transmitter running devo7e-v5.0.0-c84450e firmware, with no luck. Flight controller is a Betafpv F405. The receiver goes into bind mode, but it wont bind with Devo 7e under DSMX protocol.
Before installing the SPM4650 i was using a dsmx nano receiver and it could bind with Devo 7e.

What could be the problem?

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds