Is Development Dead for Deviationtx ?

More
11 May 2022 17:01 #77975 by arthermorgan
Is Development Dead for Deviationtx ? was created by arthermorgan
I have been using deviationtx since 2015 on a Devo 7e. Recently got hold of a free Devo 10. Is it worth spending money on a 4 in 1 module ? Is the latest FrSky and Futaba protocols supported on the nightly builds ? I can see the nightly builds have stopped sine June 2021. Is it a dead end for development and protocol update? I see old transmitter turnigy 9x is supported by opentx. What are the chances of Devo transmitter getting opentx or edgetx support.

Or should i just invest on RadioMaster Zorro 4in1 transmitter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 May 2022 21:42 #77977 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Is Development Dead for Deviationtx ?
Builds of the latest software are here . The repo automated build is not currently working.

For Frsky both versions of ACCST (D16) are supported. ACCESS is not supported. Not sure what's new for Futaba but haven't been any recent changes in that protocol in Deviation.

Update history is here. There've been a few recent updates.

More
12 May 2022 11:57 #77978 by arthermorgan
Replied by arthermorgan on topic Is Development Dead for Deviationtx ?
Thanks for those links. Managed to install the latest nightly build on the Devo 10. The update history link shows that ELRS and CRSF code has been added. I am interested in some BNF Drones on Banggood that are advertised to support these porotocols:

FrSky SPI
ELRS
TBS CRSF

Does the nightly build support these?

I am also interested in XK K110s which uses Futaba S-FHSS.

I know this protcol is listed as supported, just not sure if it will work with K110s. The supported model list has not been updated so can't be sure if these are supported.

More
12 May 2022 16:34 #77979 by hexfet
SPI is the interconnect between receiver and flight controller. Somewhere it should say if it's Frsky D8 or D16, both of which are supported by Deviation. As long as it's not Frsky ACCESS protocol it should work.

Both ELRS and TBS are external transmitter modules that are controlled using the CRSF protocol in Deviation. The link to the transmitter module is a serial data connection. On the Devo 10 that requires connecting the trainer port to the external TX. Look at this post and replies for an example of connecting an external TX module.

I don't know about the K110s. You might check if it's supported by the MultiProtocol Module. If so it should work in Deviation also.

More
22 May 2022 09:18 #77996 by proteus
Replied by proteus on topic Is Development Dead for Deviationtx ?
yes XK K110 work fine with 4 i 1 module and S-FHSS protocol

More
14 Jun 2022 05:45 #78014 by djtrance
Replied by djtrance on topic Is Development Dead for Deviationtx ?
hi, Im back from a long time without develop for deviations. I have not to much time to work on it. but I will try to fix and add some fixed to some protocols for now. I will extract the protocol information of the
DIY-Multiprotocol-TX-Module project.
I really didn't protocols code before for deviation. I helped to develop de devof7 screen and other stuff.
for start working on it , I will try to add F949G subprotols. because I had a receiver for test it.
I hope someone else wanted to help me .

More
20 Nov 2022 06:56 #78113 by Zaphod
Replied by Zaphod on topic Is Development Dead for Deviationtx ?

hexfet wrote: Builds of the latest software are here . The repo automated build is not currently working.

For Frsky both versions of ACCST (D16) are supported. ACCESS is not supported. Not sure what's new for Futaba but haven't been any recent changes in that protocol in Deviation.

Update history is here. There've been a few recent updates.

Hi,

Just checking in for the first time in a while to see if I should do an update to the latest nightly.

The link above to the latest nightly updates take me to a blank page.

Could someone please link me to the latest nightly updates since the automated system isn't working?

Thanks so much.

Zap

More
22 Nov 2022 06:43 #78114 by -=Hubi-Dirk=-
Replied by -=Hubi-Dirk=- on topic Is Development Dead for Deviationtx ?

More
22 Nov 2022 10:47 #78115 by Zaphod
Replied by Zaphod on topic Is Development Dead for Deviationtx ?
Thanks so much! No idea why but i only got a blank page from the link above.

More
29 Nov 2022 23:29 - 30 Nov 2022 04:47 #78120 by hexfet
Unfortunately the automated nightly build is broken. I've been making a build but url changes with every update. Current is https://www.deviationtx.com/downloads-new/category/2877-hexfet-nightly-build

Best to go to the Downloads link in the left column, then Test Builds and look for "[hexfet]nightly_build"
Last edit: 30 Nov 2022 04:47 by hexfet.

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds