Devo7E beta11 + Tactic SLT

More
21 Nov 2013 15:55 #15725 by victzh
Devo7E beta11 + Tactic SLT was created by victzh
This build is for Devo 7E - same as Devo 10, 3.1 beta11 and Tactic SLT.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Nov 2013 16:07 #15726 by SeByDocKy
Replied by SeByDocKy on topic Devo7E beta11 + Tactic SLT

victzh wrote: This build is for Devo 7E - same as Devo 10, 3.1 beta11 and Tactic SLT.

I will test asap :)

More
21 Nov 2013 19:58 #15728 by mpicpu
Replied by mpicpu on topic Devo7E beta11 + Tactic SLT
Does this build include the additional switches mod for the 7E

i cant wait to try this out, I have been flying a couple Heli-Max CP's with an anylink i installed into a removable module for my 9X, it was great until I got the 7E and loaded Deviation, (love the radio, and software) anyone know if I can pull the Chip out of a tactic 410 transmitter and transplant it into the 7E

More
21 Nov 2013 20:38 #15729 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic Devo7E beta11 + Tactic SLT
Sorry. I haven't been keeping up on it. Which module do you need to install? And why would the code only work on those devos? I thought the protocol stuff was independant of the base code?

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

More
21 Nov 2013 22:57 #15731 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic Devo7E beta11 + Tactic SLT
@mpicpu - I don't know what's inside Tactic 410. Open it, make a photo and we'll figure this out. No, it does not have this switches mod - I only made an SLT module and necessary modifications of base software.

@Hexperience - I only have Devo10 and Devo7E, and in my perception they're the most popular (may be because of the price), that's why. I put a link to my fork, you can build for whatever you want. Or you can ask me and I'll build it for you. But I don't have an automated build system, that's why I'm a bit picky ;-)

If it's accepted in 3.1 (it was forked intentionally from rbe2012's) it will be available soon in main build line.

More
05 Dec 2013 12:27 - 05 Dec 2013 12:54 #16295 by rabi
Replied by rabi on topic Devo7E beta11 + Tactic SLT
I will definitely want to install one of those. Looks pretty straight forward. I never did install my Flysky module because I don't fly them much any more.

Last edit: 05 Dec 2013 12:54 by rabi.

More
08 Dec 2013 17:42 #16412 by Daryoon
Replied by Daryoon on topic Devo7E beta11 + Tactic SLT
So happy to see Tactic SLT getting added. I have one HeliMax Axe 100CP that uses this protocol. I think the last of my aircraft that could not be flown with Deviation.

Thanks for your work on this victzh! Cheers.

More
08 Dec 2013 18:18 #16413 by Daryoon
I just loaded the Dec 8th nightly: deviation-devo7e-v3.0.0-25435b8

Flashed the firmware. Copied the protocol directory and complete filesystem to the Devo7e radio.

However, after selecting TacticSLT and trying to reinit in the ModelSetup, I get a "Bad/missign protocol modules!" modal box.

I confirmed that slt.mod is in the /protocol directory on the Devo7e.

Any idea what could be wrong? I have the nRF24L01 chip properly enabled in the tx.ini file.

More
08 Dec 2013 18:35 #16415 by Daryoon
I just tried to the files you uploaded in post 1. And I still get the Bad/missing protocol message.

So obviously, something I am doing wrong?

More
08 Dec 2013 19:41 #16421 by victzh
Does you V202 protocol work? I will try nightly build later today myself, but all these times I never got this message.

More
08 Dec 2013 19:49 #16422 by Daryoon
I don't have a v2xx quad to bind to at the moment. But if I select that protocol and hit the bind button. The operation seems to complete without error. Versus the SLT protocol which display a "Bad/missing protocol modules!" message immediately.

Perhaps it's a Devo7e problem?

More
08 Dec 2013 20:01 #16423 by Daryoon
Interestingly, the devo7e emu doesn't give the error. Copied all the files directly over from the devo7e too.

More
08 Dec 2013 20:15 #16424 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Devo7E beta11 + Tactic SLT
'Bad/missing protocol' means that the mod file(s) are not compatible with the dfu file. you can never mix and match builds and mod files. You'll nevr see it on the emulator because we don't use mod files there.

More
08 Dec 2013 20:58 #16430 by Daryoon
Thank you. I am clear on not to mixing the releases. In fact, both were downloaded specifically with this release.

I start from scratch each time.

I also downloaded the two files Victzh included in the first post. And same error.

I'll redo everything again later just as a sanity check and get to the bottom of this.

More
10 Dec 2013 18:00 - 10 Dec 2013 18:01 #16491 by Daryoon
I redid all the steps from the manual multiple times. Including the formatting and then copying the file system over. The file system file that matches with the firmware I flashed.

Ensure the /protocol directory is copied over and the slt.mod file exist in it.

/protocol/slt.mod

All the other protocols seems fine. But upon "reinit" the TacticSLT protocol, I get the same "Bad/missing protocol modules!" error.

I have tried the 12/8/2013 Nightly.

I have tried the files attached in Post 1 of this thread.

I have tried the 12/10/2013 Nightly this morning.

Same unfortunately result. Battery in Devo7e is full.
Last edit: 10 Dec 2013 18:01 by Daryoon.

More
10 Dec 2013 18:18 #16493 by PhracturedBlue
of course it doesn't work on the devo7e.

The protocol name is 'TacticSLT' but the file is named 'slt.mod' (these need to be the same). Additionally, 'TacticSLT' is 9 characters, but only 8 are allowed.

We either need to shorten the protocol name or to rewrite the code to separate the protocol name from the file name.

More
10 Dec 2013 18:29 #16496 by Daryoon
Ah, so glad to see where the issue lies. I think renaming the protocol would be easier than having to rewrite the code to separate the protocol name from the file name.

More
10 Dec 2013 18:32 #16497 by PhracturedBlue

Daryoon wrote: Ah, so glad to see where the issue lies. I think renaming the protocol would be easier than having to rewrite the code to separate the protocol name from the file name.

If you can build it yourself, just go into protocol/protocol.h and change 'TacticSLT' to 'SLT' and it should work.
If you can't build yourself, you'll need to wait for me to do it.

More
11 Dec 2013 00:11 #16510 by victzh
You never know... I did not test it on my Devo 7E because it is unmodded yet. But I faithfully built it for Devo 7E and tested on Devo 10. Sigh... I have more respect for our QA department now (not that I held them in disrespect in the first place) - I work as a programmer as well.

More
11 Dec 2013 02:05 #16511 by PhracturedBlue
I just chnaged the code so it will truncate theprotocol name. So we can keep it as 'TacticSLT' and the module becomes 'tacticsl.mod'
It is untested though...

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds