CX-10 green board experimental build

More
09 May 2015 05:31 - 09 May 2015 05:37 #32284 by victzh
CX-10 green board experimental build was created by victzh
Please find enclosed experimental build for CX-10 based on hexfet's module.

It requires nRF24L01+ (or Beken equivalent) module.

I built it for Devo 10 and Devo 7E, model file has speed assignment to FMODE. If you have Devo 7E, you can assign Channel 5 to less than 0 for low speed, 0 to 50 for medium, >50 - fast.
Channel 6 mapped to ELEV D/R is a flip channel - <= 0 - no flip, >0 - do a flip upon the elevator/aileron stick.

Please note that it supports only CX-10 "green board" version.

Please report success/failure.
Attachments:
Last edit: 09 May 2015 05:37 by victzh. Reason: Module info added

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 May 2015 09:07 #32287 by Durete
Replied by Durete on topic CX-10 green board experimental build
Success!!!! :woohoo:
Tested with CX-10 Green board and JXD 395. Both works perfect, not any glitch or lost packet, simply perfect!
BTW, I tested also rates and flip mode and both works perfect.

Congrats Victzh, this is great!!!

More
09 May 2015 12:06 #32294 by Neilyboy
Replied by Neilyboy on topic CX-10 green board experimental build
Unreal thanks buddy great work
Neil

More
09 May 2015 13:28 #32296 by camousse
Replied by camousse on topic CX-10 green board experimental build
Hi,
I doesn't work on mine. But may be i make something bad:
- i boot up cx10. led flash, and after a little amount of time, blue light flash fast, and red light stay solid.
- i boot up devo. nothing change on the cx 10
- i go full throttle, and min throttle (i remember i had to do that with the original radio)
nothing change on cx10...
i will try with the original radio

More
09 May 2015 13:32 #32297 by camousse
I have a blue board. Didn't remember this little detail...

More
09 May 2015 14:03 #32298 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic CX-10 green board experimental build
victzh,
can you use the uploader script instead in the future?
I'm trying to get developers to use the upload area because it allow me to not have hundreds of old builds sitting in the archives for years taking up space. All developers have access to it, and it works on all platforms.

And FYI, this is amazing work. Good job.

More
09 May 2015 14:18 - 09 May 2015 14:19 #32300 by Durete

camousse wrote: Hi,
I doesn't work on mine. But may be i make something bad:
- i boot up cx10. led flash, and after a little amount of time, blue light flash fast, and red light stay solid.
- i boot up devo. nothing change on the cx 10
- i go full throttle, and min throttle (i remember i had to do that with the original radio)
nothing change on cx10...
i will try with the original radio

Are you sure your CX-10 is a green pcb edition?
What nRF24L01 module do you have installed at your Devo TX?
I lost your comment about blue PCB.
The armin procedure from stock TX (throttle Up, Throttle down) is not necessary using your Devo TX.

@Victzh, tested 3 more charges under my CX-10 and JXD-395 flying outside. Not any single packet drop flying at 1mw power output to about 50 meters.
My nRF24L01 module was bought at Banggood, it's the typical under other sellers with PA + LNA, maybe people using modules extracted from stock TXs could have problems, I don't know...
Last edit: 09 May 2015 14:19 by Durete.

More
09 May 2015 20:45 #32314 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic CX-10 green board experimental build

PhracturedBlue wrote: victzh,
can you use the uploader script instead in the future?
I'm trying to get developers to use the upload area because it allow me to not have hundreds of old builds sitting in the archives for years taking up space. All developers have access to it, and it works on all platforms.

I will. I forgot about this script when uploading the build. May be it makes sense to pin the message with the script in Builds subforum as a reminder?

And FYI, this is amazing work. Good job.

Thanks! Still many things remain to be solved, in particular the reception path. Do you think it makes sense to put the emulation code in the separate file in src/protocol/spi directory? The alternative is to make it an include (I would call it xn297emu.inc - it's not a header) to not burden Devo 7E at the cost of multiple instances in all other Devos.

More
09 May 2015 20:47 #32315 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic CX-10 green board experimental build
I think you could just put it in nrf24l01.c The build system should do the right thing.

More
09 May 2015 21:18 #32317 by Durete
Hi victzh, I have a question...
Can I use safely your experimental build to fly other protocols?
Your build appears to be compiled with latest merges from DeviationTX repository, but I would prefer to ask you because tomorrow morning I plain to use my Devo TX.

More
09 May 2015 21:33 #32318 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic CX-10 green board experimental build
Will this work with the Devo 8 and Devo 12?

Also is it now in the deviation nightly builds?
Thanks for all your hard work..

More
10 May 2015 06:24 #32328 by victzh
@Durete - it's as safe as any nightly build, your judgement here is as good as mine.

@magic_marty - it will, I just built it for the one I have (10) and another one that is critical with resources (7E) to check it compiles and works well with the module system. The module itself is not production quality yes, one thing is the protocol is not reversed fully yet and we can't support many CX-10 flying simultaneously. Another, I would like to implement "blue board" as well. It will take some time but it's gonna be soon.

More
10 May 2015 12:31 - 11 May 2015 10:26 #32341 by goebish
Replied by goebish on topic CX-10 green board experimental build
I can't test because I do not have a green CX-10 board, but I used your NRF24L01 to XN297 emulation layer to implement the EAchine 3D X4 protocol and it's working fine, you made a really impressive work !

I won't commit any code until victzh has completed his cleanup, but I can make test builds on demand. Note that it should work with the CG023 too as they both use the same stock TX.

edit: Devo7e & Devo10 test builds uploaded to www.deviationtx.com/downloads-new/catego...-cg023-nrf24l01-test
Last edit: 11 May 2015 10:26 by goebish.

More
11 May 2015 02:11 #32373 by mbk17
Replied by mbk17 on topic CX-10 green board experimental build

victzh wrote: @Durete - it's as safe as any nightly build, your judgement here is as good as mine.

@magic_marty - it will, I just built it for the one I have (10) and another one that is critical with resources (7E) to check it compiles and works well with the module system. The module itself is not production quality yes, one thing is the protocol is not reversed fully yet and we can't support many CX-10 flying simultaneously. Another, I would like to implement "blue board" as well. It will take some time but it's gonna be soon.

I also have a blue board. I look forward to your work on that and it is much appreciated.

More
11 May 2015 03:28 #32376 by NoOneRuleZ
Replied by NoOneRuleZ on topic CX-10 green board experimental build
Awesome work! :)

I'm brand new to the scene. I recently purchased a CX-10 but I didn't like the controller so I purchased a Devo 7E. Of course I'll buy more serious copters later but for now, this is a neat toy.

More
11 May 2015 10:22 #32386 by camousse
I analyse the blue board protocol on the past. And the tx have to receive the rx id to send good packet (only one).
The CE pin of the NRF24L01 is always high, so you can't change the mode (TX/RX of NRF24L01). But PB said it is possible by shutting it down, and restart it in RX mode. It take times (don"t remeber how much) but i think it can work

More
11 May 2015 15:49 #32398 by victzh
The main problem is not changing the mode, it can be done through the power down as PB said (more slowly, but may be not critical). The problem is whether nRF24 or Beken can detect a valid packet on air, issued by XN297. It's not tested yet, and not implemented in the emulation layer.

More
11 May 2015 15:52 #32400 by goebish
Replied by goebish on topic CX-10 green board experimental build
^ That.

I understand how your TX code works, but I don't understand how it could work the other way'round if the nrf24l01 doesn't receive a valid preamble.

More
11 May 2015 17:23 #32402 by victzh
Patience... :-)

More
11 May 2015 18:00 #32403 by camousse
Ok i understand what you mean. Preambule (one bytes that is sent before address is sent, to identify start of packet) is different from nrf24l01 to xn297. this means the nrf never identify the start of a new packet, so we never receive what we expect.
Some guys try to put the NRF24L01 in "promiscous mode" (as in ethernet, listen to packet without knowing the address). I already post the link in the jxd395 thread.
The basic idea is that. Packet are composed of preambule, address, and payload. For exemple, preambule is AA. By using a address on 2 bytes (the minimum), and setting the address to AA AA, nrf24l01 will misunderstand the start of the packet, and the payload will be the real address.
Ok i think about it, and it isn't usefull as preambule is different

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds